Author Topic: Fantasy for Reeds and Horn (was Discussions in D minor)  (Read 115 times)

Offline MarkMcD

Fantasy for Reeds and Horn (was Discussions in D minor)
« on: July 13, 2017, 03:21:22 PM »
Hi all,

I've finally got a more complete re-write of my "Discussions in D minor", but as was pointed out to me, that the title didn't really fit the music and so I changed it to "Fantasy for Reeds and Horn" bit boring but it fits better at least.

Also I thought I would make a new thread for it as the old one already had several links to within it, I thought it would just be easier to make a new thread.

I think I've listened to all the advice that various people gave me and made the piece better, but ultimately that's a matter of opinion and mine is obviously biased.

Thanks again to all those that gave me help and advice with this piece.  I've spent quite a bit of time with it now as I really do like it myself and wanted to improve it as much as I could.  I hope I didn't over do it.

Lastly I'm not really happy with the sound quality, but at least I hope it's not so bad as to spoil the music too much.

I will post the re-scripted score later as I have to tidy it up a bit first and I was too eager to get the music out to wait 'till I had it all neat and tidy.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ve988k3i9kklk8m/Fantasy%20for%20reeds%20and%20horn.mp3?dl=0

As always, all comments welcome good or bad.

Regards
Mark

Offline Rons_talking

Re: Fantasy for Reeds and Horn (was Discussions in D minor)
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2017, 10:01:43 PM »
Sounds much better...I like the change! The ostinato has a sense of layers now...Well-done!

Offline MarkMcD

Re: Fantasy for Reeds and Horn (was Discussions in D minor)
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2017, 02:16:32 AM »
Thanks Rons_talking,

As beefing up the ostinato was your idea, I'm glad you liked the results, I really liked working with it so thanks a lot for the suggestion, it really needed it.

Buying Music From Amazon?
Please consider using these links. A small percentage of every sale using these links is passed on to GMG and helps keep this forum online.
Amazon US
Amazon Canada
Amazon UK