Author Topic: Evolution violates Generally Accepted Accounting Principles so it must be a lie  (Read 517 times)

Offline bwv 1080

• Veteran member
GAAP requires an offsetting credit for every debit, so where are the debits for that are the offsetting book entry for  new more complex organisms supposedly evolve?  sorry, this just proves macro-evolution is false.
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

Offline Mahlerian

• Veteran member
GAAP requires an offsetting credit for every debit, so where are the debits for that are the offsetting book entry for  new more complex organisms supposedly evolve?  sorry, this just proves macro-evolution is false.

C'mon, if you wanted to really make this the sort of clickbait conspiracy account that it deserves to be, it should be headed:

10 Facts Evolutionary "Scientists" Don't Want You to Hear!  Evolution 100% Debunked!!

Offline k a rl h e nn i ng

• Veteran member
  • Et quid amabo nisi quod Šnigma est?
    • Henningmusick
  • Currently Listening to:
    Shostakovich, Frescobaldi, Stravinsky, JS Bach, Liszt, Chopin, Haydn, Henning
Jesus invites all eligible homeowners to refinance their mortgages
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. Ś Franšoise Gilot

Offline Todd

• Veteran member
Jesus invites all eligible homeowners to refinance their mortgages

Of course, it increases his earnings.

The universe is change; life is opinion.   Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Offline nodogen

This is just idiotic. GAAP has only been around for a few decades, and since the earth is about 10,000 years old, evolutionary theory (d'uh!) must be based on a wilful misreading of the scientific data. Plus, the work of the devil.
Sapere aude

Offline bwv 1080

• Veteran member
C'mon, if you wanted to really make this the sort of clickbait conspiracy account that it deserves to be, it should be headed:

10 Facts Evolutionary "Scientists" Don't Want You to Hear!  Evolution 100% Debunked!!

Of course!  How bout Leading CPA reveals TRUTH about evolution

Online Scarpia

• Veteran member

You're saying life is the original Ponzi scheme?

Offline bwv 1080

• Veteran member
You're saying life is the original Ponzi scheme?

Not a Ponzi scheme, more of a multi-level marketing scam like Amway

Offline bwv 1080

• Veteran member
This is just idiotic. GAAP has only been around for a few decades, and since the earth is about 10,000 years old, evolutionary theory (d'uh!) must be based on a wilful misreading of the scientific data. Plus, the work of the devil.

Heresy!  If GAAP was not ordained by GOD at creation then why did GOD give Moses the Ten Commandments on TWO tablets, in double entry?!?

Offline k a rl h e nn i ng

• Veteran member
  • Et quid amabo nisi quod Šnigma est?
    • Henningmusick
    Shostakovich, Frescobaldi, Stravinsky, JS Bach, Liszt, Chopin, Haydn, Henning
Think like a Congressman: if the egg laid by a chicken hatches, and a chick comes out, how can Evolution be true?!
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. Ś Franšoise Gilot

Offline BasilValentine

Not a Ponzi scheme, more of a multi-level marketing scam like Amway

My apologies for being serious a moment, but in the case of evolution the capital (geothermal, chemical and light energy) was free and unlimited. Where is Florestan?

Offline drogulus

• Veteran member
  • Gypsy, 1970
    From the TalkOrigins Archive:

Claim CB102: Mutations are random noise; they do not add information. Evolution cannot cause an increase in information.

Response:

1) Oh yeah?

2) I'm not, but you are!

3) According to Shannon-Weaver information theory, random noise maximizes information. This is not just playing word games. The random variation that mutations add to populations is the variation on which selection acts. Mutation alone will not cause adaptive evolution, but by eliminating nonadaptive variation, natural selection communicates information about the environment to the organism so that the organism becomes better adapted to it. Natural selection is the process by which information about the environment is transferred to an organism's genome and thus to the organism (Adami et al. 2000).

That's why we call it evolution by natural selection. Oh, and I think I might have got 1) and 2) slightly wrong.

« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 04:06:33 PM by drogulus »
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:45.9) Gecko/20100101 Goanna/3.2 Firefox/45.9 PaleMoon/27.3.0

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:50.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/50.0

Offline bwv 1080

• Veteran member
    From the TalkOrigins Archive:

Claim CB102: Mutations are random noise; they do not add information. Evolution cannot cause an increase in information.

Response:

1) Oh yeah?

2) I'm not, but you are!

3) According to Shannon-Weaver information theory, random noise maximizes information. This is not just playing word games. The random variation that mutations add to populations is the variation on which selection acts. Mutation alone will not cause adaptive evolution, but by eliminating nonadaptive variation, natural selection communicates information about the environment to the organism so that the organism becomes better adapted to it. Natural selection is the process by which information about the environment is transferred to an organism's genome and thus to the organism (Adami et al. 2000).

That's why we call it evolution by natural selection. Oh, and I think I might have got 1) and 2) slightly wrong.

And information is not the right term.  Does a snowflake have more 'information' than the individual hydrogen and oxygen molecules that formed it? Information theory is just derived from thermodynamics with its concept of entropy and nothing in evolution violates the laws of thermodynamics as the earth is not a closed system

Offline 71 dB

• Veteran member
  • I free-think, therefore I am free
    • Soundcloud
Evolution violates the common sense of scientifically illiterate people!

It's a geographical thing. In some places evolution is true and in other places such as the Bible belt creation or ID is true. Here in Finland where I live evolution is considered true by most people but say in Poland I think creation is true, am I wrong? Maybe that's what Trump's alternative facts are about: The facts are dependent on where you are and what kind of upbringing/education/etc. you have had. It's really surprising, because one would think facts are objective and not "alternative". The difference between facts and opinions is harder to see than we think.

:-X
Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page

Online Ken B

• Veteran member
  • The Age of the Wanker is upon us
    • kenBlogic
    Canoes not battleships.
This is completely backwards. Evolution happens when a DR crosses the line to the credit side.
Give a man a fire and he is warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he is warm for life.

Offline α | ý Ă ˝

• Veteran member
  • Variations of Armature Pianist and Arm Chair Paris
    Lassus, Lassus, Gesualdo, Machaut, Ockeghem, Josquin, Bach, Webern, folk music, Galas, Xenakis, Beethoven chamber music, Jane's Addiction and Lassus
I'm Jesus, of course I'm real, don't be silly  :laugh:
Tell your Pugg to stop rubbing his balls of my carpet, I just sprayed some nasty chemicals there.

Online Ken B

• Veteran member
    • kenBlogic
    Canoes not battleships.
And information is not the right term.  Does a snowflake have more 'information' than the individual hydrogen and oxygen molecules that formed it? Information theory is just derived from thermodynamics with its concept of entropy and nothing in evolution violates the laws of thermodynamics as the earth is not a closed system

No, information theory is not derived from thermodynamics. Von Neuman just suggested the term entropy to Shannon, based on the similarity of two equations. It derives from coding theory.

In fact thermodynamic entropy is a special case of a kind of information. I can supply a good book for this but the name escapes me at the moment.
Give a man a fire and he is warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he is warm for life.

Offline drogulus

• Veteran member
  • Gypsy, 1970

Claim CF005:
The second law of thermodynamics applies to information theory. It follows that genetic information will become increasingly degraded as it gets repeatedly copied over time.

Response:

While statistical information theory has a quantity called "entropy", it does not have anything equivalent to the second law of thermodynamics. In a general information processing/transmitting system, entropy can freely decrease or increase.

There are some classes of information systems in which information can only decrease, for example a deterministic, causally isolated system with discrete states. However (at least in this case) the information loss corresponds to a decrease in entropy.

Information theory does sort of have a principle of degradation, but it is only applicable in certain situations (which evolution isn't one of). It implies, essentially, that information change is irreversible: information gets more and more different from how it started out, and the more it gets changed, the harder it is to tell how it started out. In a communication or information storage system, where the goal is to transmit or replay the original message intact, change is necessarily bad, so this corresponds to degradation. In evolution, change is not necessarily bad, so this is not a principle of degradation.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:45.9) Gecko/20100101 Goanna/3.2 Firefox/45.9 PaleMoon/27.3.0

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64; rv:50.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/50.0

Online Ken B

• Veteran member
    • kenBlogic
    Canoes not battleships.
Heresy!  If GAAP was not ordained by GOD at creation then why did GOD give Moses the Ten Commandments on TWO tablets, in double entry?!?
There were 3 tablets! I've seen the video, Moses fumbled one. (And don't tell me the video is a fake. They couldn't fake video back then.)

Offline Sergeant Rock

• Veteran member
There were 3 tablets! I've seen the video, Moses fumbled one. (And don't tell me the video is a fake. They couldn't fake video back then.)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/nXeTsWGPT0w" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/nXeTsWGPT0w</a>
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

Buying Music From Amazon?
Please consider using these links. A small percentage of every sale using these links is passed on to GMG and helps keep this forum online.
Amazon US
Amazon Canada
Amazon UK