Author Topic: Spell correction  (Read 448 times)

Offline Der Titan

Spell correction
« on: August 27, 2017, 03:47:11 PM »
I don't understand the spell correction system here. As I am German who is not an English native speaker I would be very glad to work with spell correction. But it doesn't work , as almost every word is marked as wrong. I found out that the spell correction is for German, not for English. Can I somehow change that?

Offline ørfeo

• Veteran member
    • A musical diary
  • Currently Listening to:
    Whatever's listed in my blog.
Re: Spell correction
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2017, 04:30:20 PM »
Spell correction is based on your computer/device, not on this site. So you have to change the language on your computer or browser to English to get it to spell correct in English.

Depending on what you are using I might know how to do that. There are non native speakers here  who might know as well.
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

Offline Der Titan

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2017, 08:22:06 AM »
I work with Linux and Mozilla Firefox. What shall I do?

Offline ørfeo

• Veteran member
    • A musical diary
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2017, 04:39:29 AM »
Try this in Firefox: when you have a text window open (such as when you are writing a reply here), right-click and you should get "Languages" as one of the menu options. From there you can go right and it will show you what language you have (probably "Deutsch" for you), but also an option to Add Dictionaries.

If it works the same for you as it did for me, this will you take you to a page where you can install a dictionary for spell-checking.

It says to use a "dictionary" for this, not a "language pack" (which will change the language of all the Firefox menus).
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

Offline ørfeo

• Veteran member
    • A musical diary
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2017, 04:42:44 AM »
You should then be able to switch languages by right-clicking and saying which one you want. I just tried installing a Danish one and it seems to work - if I pick Danish then most of the words in this post are marked as wrong, then I switch back to English they are all marked as correct.

Offline Der Titan

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2017, 07:57:00 AM »
Thank you for your advice. It works! I have changed it. Now I am out on a holiday, but will be there again in a week or so.

Buying Music From Amazon?
Please consider using these links. A small percentage of every sale using these links is passed on to GMG and helps keep this forum online.
Amazon US
Amazon Canada
Amazon UK