Author Topic: musicrom's music room  (Read 166 times)

Offline musicrom

musicrom's music room
« on: September 09, 2017, 01:12:34 PM »
Hello, I just wanted to start a page where I could post my compositions. I welcome all feedback, good or bad. I don't have any formal training in composition, but I've played the viola and piano for a while, recreationally. I feel like I've been getting better, although my lack of knowledge about theory is probably hindering the growth.

Anyways, here is a SoundCloud playlist I started that contains some of my compositions: https://soundcloud.com/musicrom1/sets/musicroms-music-room

I have more, but I will be adding them later on. If you want scores, just let me know, and I can attach them.

The opus numbers don't really mean anything, they just help me keep track of the order in which I finish my compositions. I don't consider these earlier pieces exactly as among my better works, but I think they're decent enough to share them with you all.  ;)

Here's a list of works I've added to my playlist so far:
  • Duet for Viola and Flute, Op. 1
  • Viola Sonata No. 1, Op. 2
  • Septet No. 1 'Flying', Op. 3
  • RÍverie, Op. 4
  • Piano Sonata No. 1, Op. 5
  • Suite for Viola, Op. 6

Offline musicrom

Re: musicrom's music room
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2017, 02:14:31 PM »
I have added two pieces to my playlist:
  • Violin Sonata No. 1, Op. 7
  • Concertino for Viola and String Orchestra, Op. 8
The former was written for a Piano and Violin competition, which I hastily finished, but not in time.  ;D

The latter was basically my largest project up until that point, and at 7 minutes 15 seconds, is probably the longest piece I have completed yet. (I have a longer and larger piece in progress, a symphony, but I have not yet completed it, and have not worked on it for a while).

Buying Music From Amazon?
Please consider using these links. A small percentage of every sale using these links is passed on to GMG and helps keep this forum online.
Amazon US
Amazon Canada
Amazon UK