Author Topic: Greetings from Egypt!  (Read 1027 times)

Offline MoAli

Greetings from Egypt!
« on: October 01, 2017, 03:05:34 AM »
Good morning/evening/afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen,

I'm new to this place and i believe i might add a little something to your lovely forum.

I started playing music as a Dj for almost 8 years now. But lately, my love to Classical Music shadowed almost all other genres of music. So i tried to get the best of both worlds (Classical Music and Electronic Music) by mixing Classical/Nu Classical tracks using my Dj gear.

Having feedback from expert ears like the people in this place will be a great added value to me.

I will start by posting a mixset i finished recently, hoping that you might like what you hear.

https://soundcloud.com/ali00-1/il-viaggio

Offline André

• Veteran member
Re: Greetings from Egypt!
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2017, 06:31:54 AM »
Hi, MoAli !

Very nice mix, I enjoyed it. Could you add timing cues to the list of items ?

Offline MoAli

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2017, 05:39:52 AM »
Sure thing Andre !

Thank you for listening, and here you go;

Tracklist:

01) Goldmund | Turncoat (00:00 - 03:00)
02) High Plains | The Dusk Pines (03:00 - 08:00)
03) Helios | Two Mark (08:00 - 11:00)
04) A Winged Victory for the Sullen | VIII (11:00 - 15:00)
05) Poppy Ackroyd | Birdwoman (15:00 - 19:45)
06) Jesper Kyd | Ezio's Family / The Madam (19:45 - 24:00)
07) Olafur Arnalds & Nils Frahm | A1 (24:00 - 29:20)
08) Fabrizio Paterlini | You, Again (29:20 - 32:50)
09) Olafur Arnalds | Oldurot (32:50 - 36:15)
10) Doyeq | Nothing To Prove (36:15 - 40:40)
11) Poppy Ackroyd | Grounds (40:40 - 44:25)
12) Fabrizio Paterlini | IF (44:25 - 46:30)
13) Helios | Halving the Compass (Rhian Sheehan Remix)(46:30 - 53:00)
14) Nils Frahm | Re (53:00 - 56:30)
15) Olafur Arnalds & Alice Sara Ott | Verses (56:30 - 60:25)
16) Olafur Arnalds & Alice Sara Ott | Reminiscence (60:25 - 64:55)

Offline André

• Veteran member
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2017, 06:00:11 AM »
That's great, thank you!

Offline Hollywood

• Living in Beethoven's Heiligenstadt.
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2017, 10:19:02 PM »
Hi there, MoAli. Greetings from Beethoven's Vienna. Welcome to the forum.  8)
"There are far worse things awaiting man than death."

A Hollywood born SoCal gal living in Beethoven's Heiligenstadt (Vienna, Austria).

Offline zamyrabyrd

• Veteran member
  • selig sind
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2017, 10:46:38 PM »
Good morning/evening/afternoon Ladies and Gentlemen,
I'm new to this place and i believe i might add a little something to your lovely forum.

Ahlan wa sahlan.  I have been to Misr a few times. People are so warm and friendly!
I loved going through the Cairo suq. Please enjoy our interesting and fun forum.

Janet
"I write to discover what I know."
 ― Flannery O'Connor

Online mc ukrneal

• Veteran member
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2017, 01:14:12 AM »
Welcome! Hope you enjoy it here!
Be kind to your fellow posters!!

Offline MoAli

« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2017, 03:12:45 AM »
Hi there, MoAli. Greetings from Beethoven's Vienna. Welcome to the forum.  8)

Thank you sir!

Offline MoAli

« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2017, 03:19:26 AM »
Ahlan wa sahlan.  I have been to Misr a few times. People are so warm and friendly!
I loved going through the Cairo suq. Please enjoy our interesting and fun forum.

Janet

Ahlan wa sahlan Janet  ;D

I'm glad you've enjoyed your trip in Cairo, but you know what? Egypt has a lot more than Cairo.

Cairo is the most cultural place where you can see traditions in every corner while you walk. Also, it is the most hectic as you have noticed  ;D

Putting this aside, Egypt has got countless Kilometers on the Red Sea and the Mediterranean Sea. Lots of water sports, camps, hiking, Bedouin life, etc....

If you are willing to visit again, please let me know, i will prepare a good program for you and your friends. We might have a camel ride next to the Pyramids!

Offline MoAli

« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2017, 03:20:29 AM »
Welcome! Hope you enjoy it here!

Surely i will mc ukrneal

Offline aligreto

• Veteran member
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2017, 08:06:11 AM »
Greetings to Egypt from Ireland. You are very welcome here and I hope that you enjoy the forum  :)
The ability to talk comes with knowledge. The ability to listen comes with wisdom.

Offline Hollywood

« Reply #11 on: October 03, 2017, 09:46:41 PM »
Thank you sir!

Sorry but I am not a "sir", at least not in my present reincarnation.  8) Perhaps I should have said I in my last post that I am a "L.A. Lady, SoCal gal living in Beethoven's Vienna." I can see where having a non gender specific username like Hollywood is a 50/50 chance of trying to guess if I am a girl or a guy. No offence taken and I am pretty sure that I was a dude in a previous life (like a pilot of a B-17 back in WWII).  8)

A Hollywood born SoCal gal living in Beethoven's Heiligenstadt (Vienna, Austria).

Offline MoAli

« Reply #12 on: October 04, 2017, 02:29:28 AM »
Sorry but I am not a "sir", at least not in my present reincarnation.  8) Perhaps I should have said I in my last post that I am a "L.A. Lady, SoCal gal living in Beethoven's Vienna." I can see where having a non gender specific username like Hollywood is a 50/50 chance of trying to guess if I am a girl or a guy. No offence taken and I am pretty sure that I was a dude in a previous life (like a pilot of a B-17 back in WWII).  8)

;D pilot of a B-17  ;D. You are very specific about your previous life. My mistake lovely lady, next time i will try to read between the lines to figure the gender. And i don't think it is a 50/50 chance when you have a non gender specific username, i think one can calculate things and give a better conclusion, given that there is time and interactions..

Thank you for the warm welcome.

Offline Cato

• Veteran member
  • An American Hero!
« Reply #13 on: October 04, 2017, 03:59:58 AM »
;D pilot of a B-17  ;D. You are very specific about your previous life. My mistake lovely lady, next time i will try to read between the lines to figure the gender. And i don't think it is a 50/50 chance when you have a non gender specific username, i think one can calculate things and give a better conclusion, given that there is time and interactions..

Welcome MoAli!

Are you by chance Prince Ali?!*  8)

Yes, we do have a few nice ladies on the Good Music Guide!  I have always found it odd that more women are not members here, especially with the rise of composers e.g. Saariaho and with the integration of orchestras throughout the classical world.

* e.g. 

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/aEryAoLfnAA" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/aEryAoLfnAA</a>
« Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 04:10:46 AM by Cato »
COWBOY (sitting down to a poker game for the first time): "Is this a game of chance?!"

- W. C. FIELDS  (as Cuthbert Twillie): "Uhh, not the way I play it, no." in  My Little Chickadee.

Offline MoAli

« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2017, 04:50:42 AM »
Greetings to Egypt from Ireland. You are very welcome here and I hope that you enjoy the forum  :)

Cheers my Irish friend !

Offline MoAli

« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2017, 04:52:43 AM »
Welcome MoAli!

Are you by chance Prince Ali?!*  8)

Yes, we do have a few nice ladies on the Good Music Guide!  I have always found it odd that more women are not members here, especially with the rise of composers e.g. Saariaho and with the integration of orchestras throughout the classical world.

* e.g. 

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/aEryAoLfnAA" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/aEryAoLfnAA</a>

Well my real name is Mohamed Ali, so this one would fit more  ;D ;D

Offline Mirror Image

• Veteran member
  • Claude Debussy (1862 - 1918)
  • Currently Listening to:
    ...mist floating above the lake...
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2017, 06:07:04 AM »
Welcome aboard! Who are some of your favorite composers?
My favorite Debussy and Ravel pianists: Zoltán Kocsis, Alexandre Tharaud, Anne Queffélec, and Paul Jacobs

Offline Cato

• Veteran member
  • An American Hero!
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2017, 07:07:11 AM »
Well my real name is Mohamed Ali, so this one would fit more  ;D ;D

Aha!  Also a knock-out!   8)
COWBOY (sitting down to a poker game for the first time): "Is this a game of chance?!"

- W. C. FIELDS  (as Cuthbert Twillie): "Uhh, not the way I play it, no." in  My Little Chickadee.

Offline André

• Veteran member
« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2017, 07:56:45 AM »
A few posts ago I came close to comment about "Ali Greato" welcoming "Mo(hammed) Ali" to the forum  :)

Offline Hollywood

« Reply #19 on: October 04, 2017, 10:51:30 PM »

No worries MoAli. Ever since I was a little girl I love airplanes (especially those from WWII). The B-17 Flying Fortress is my all time favorite airplane and I was able to take a tour of one back in 1978 when I was in the U.S. Air Force. I thought I had died and gone to heaven when I saw this plane flying overhead just before it landed. Just hearing that unique sound that the B-17's 4 engines make gives me goosebumps. Most of my friends and family can't understand why I love B-17s so much, so I just tell them that I must have been a B-17 pilot in one of my previous lives.  ;D