Author Topic: Greetings from Egypt!  (Read 2192 times)

Offline zamyrabyrd

• Veteran member
  • selig sind
Re: Greetings from Egypt!
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2017, 12:23:21 AM »
Ahlan wa sahlan Janet  ;D
I'm glad you've enjoyed your trip in Cairo, but you know what? Egypt has a lot more than Cairo.
Cairo is the most cultural place where you can see traditions in every corner while you walk. Also, it is the most hectic as you have noticed  ;D
Putting this aside, Egypt has got countless Kilometers on the Red Sea and the Mediterranean Sea. Lots of water sports, camps, hiking, Bedouin life, etc....
If you are willing to visit again, please let me know, i will prepare a good program for you and your friends. We might have a camel ride next to the Pyramids!

You might not believe this but a couple days ago I put a can of broad beans into a blender and made "ful" with olive oil, lemon and a bit of parsley on top - zaki!
I don't think I will be going to Egypt in the near future but we did visit Giza many years ago in January where it was about 27C. My sons went up the pyramid but I preferred to stay below. Amazing to walk around the Sphinx!
When I start to speak, as in asking directions, it is fairly easy to figure out where the Arabic came from.
I got quizzed looks asking where the mosque is "wen il masjid" instead of "masgid" but tried to correct the soft to hard "g" ahead of time.
Cairo must really be the gift of the Nile since even in hot weather there are breezes coming from the river. 
"I write to discover what I know."
 ― Flannery O'Connor

Offline Brewski

• Global Moderator
  • "Man With No Shadow" by Makoto Tojiki (2009)
« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2017, 04:53:17 PM »
Greetings, MoAli, and welcome from music-filled NYC!

--Bruce
"Do you realize that we're meteorites; almost as soon as we're born, we have to disappear?"

~Iannis Xenakis

Twitter: @BruceHodgesNY

Offline david johnson

« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2017, 11:33:24 PM »
Welcome to the group, MoAli :)

Offline vandermolen

• Veteran member
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2017, 01:21:35 AM »
Greetings from me too. I also enjoyed your sound cloud mix.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

Offline MoAli

« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2017, 03:17:15 AM »
Greetings, MoAli, and welcome from music-filled NYC!

--Bruce

Thank you for the warm welcome Mr. Global Moderator...

This could be the coolest title i have seen in years "Global Moderator".. 8)

Offline MoAli

« Reply #25 on: October 11, 2017, 03:17:38 AM »
Welcome to the group, MoAli :)

Cheers David !

Offline MoAli

« Reply #26 on: October 11, 2017, 03:19:07 AM »
No worries MoAli. Ever since I was a little girl I love airplanes (especially those from WWII). The B-17 Flying Fortress is my all time favorite airplane and I was able to take a tour of one back in 1978 when I was in the U.S. Air Force. I thought I had died and gone to heaven when I saw this plane flying overhead just before it landed. Just hearing that unique sound that the B-17's 4 engines make gives me goosebumps. Most of my friends and family can't understand why I love B-17s so much, so I just tell them that I must have been a B-17 pilot in one of my previous lives.  ;D

Only downside about this aircraft is that you won't be able to listen to your favorite music since the engines sounds like Tsar bomba..

Offline MoAli

« Reply #27 on: October 11, 2017, 03:20:24 AM »
Greetings from me too. I also enjoyed your sound cloud mix.

Thanks for listening Vandermolen.. im glad you liked what you heard..

I will post another one to my misnamed "Neo Classical" thread.

Offline Brewski

• Global Moderator
  • "Man With No Shadow" by Makoto Tojiki (2009)
« Reply #28 on: October 11, 2017, 05:49:11 AM »
Thank you for the warm welcome Mr. Global Moderator...

This could be the coolest title i have seen in years "Global Moderator".. 8)

8) Well, you know, the moderators here are doing everything we can to make the globe a better place. (On behalf of the team, I apologize that we seem to have failed miserably in the case of our current president.)  ;D ;D 8)

Am a little time-challenged at the moment, but will try to check out your music at some point. In any case, welcome again.

--Bruce
"Do you realize that we're meteorites; almost as soon as we're born, we have to disappear?"

~Iannis Xenakis

Twitter: @BruceHodgesNY