Author Topic: Nothing less the very pinnacle of American art  (Read 298 times)

Offline -abe-

• Veteran member
Nothing less the very pinnacle of American art
« on: October 12, 2017, 10:08:17 PM »
Okay now that I have your attention, this is my favorite scene from the American television science fiction series "Babylon 5."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zly_tL5mMc8

Offline jessop

• Veteran member
    • jessop's SoundCloud
Re: Nothing less the very pinnacle of American art
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2017, 01:40:11 AM »
OOooooookayyy you got me with the clickbait thread title...............but I thought, well, if you like this so much as to intend to share it here so others can watch this scene too, I may as well see what it's all about. Looks like some bizarre American Doctor Who complete with the cheap effects and scenery........I could really get into this. ;D

Offline -abe-

• Veteran member
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2017, 10:05:43 PM »
It's a very good space opera. It tells a cohesive story and 80% of it was written by its creator, J.M Straczynski. I binged through the series back in 04 to 05 and had a blast. Its big plot arc really gets going in its 2nd season. It would absolutely deserve a top 5 spot in any "best of American sci-tv" list.

Do you like those books "A Fire upon the Deep" and "Lord of the Rings"? Then B5 is for you.

Autumn Leaves

« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2017, 01:56:51 AM »
Lol, OK... - I remember Babylon 5 being on TV but I hadn't gotten around to watching it yet.
I'll keep it in mind for when I (eventually) get around to seriously watching some TV series and Movies again.
It must be very old by now so I imagine the DVD's of the series wouldn't cost too much?.
I remember someone posting that Maestro Jose Serebrier looked a bit like some of the aliens on the show?..

Offline -abe-

• Veteran member
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2017, 09:19:42 AM »
I remember someone posting that Maestro Jose Serebrier looked a bit like some of the aliens on the show?..

hahaha.

Offline Sergeant Rock

• Veteran member
« Reply #5 on: October 14, 2017, 12:23:31 PM »
Last week we finished re-watching the five seasons (plus the film In the Beginning). It's one of our favorite space operas because of the long, novelistic arc. Too bad the spin-off (Crusade) didn't make it past its first season.

Sarge
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

Offline -abe-

• Veteran member
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2017, 08:05:34 PM »
J.M Stracyznski referencing Robert Frost!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_jNklBqVCA

Buying Music From Amazon?
Please consider using these links. A small percentage of every sale using these links is passed on to GMG and helps keep this forum online.
Amazon US
Amazon Canada
Amazon UK