Author Topic: Firefox issues  (Read 194 times)

Offline Toccata&Fugue

• Veteran member
Firefox issues
« on: October 24, 2017, 12:09:27 PM »
I recently switched from Google Chrome to Mozilla Firefox (56.0.1), and images in the Current Listening thread that I post from my Facebook page do not show up, and most from Amazon posted by others are replaced by "Image not available--click to see at Amazon." Is anyone else having this problem? Is it due to a security setting in Firefox? Thanks.
"Muß es sein?"
"Es muß sein!"

Offline Gurn Blanston

• Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)
  • Global Moderator
  • Support your local Haydn Society
    • Gurn's Haydn Blog
  • Currently Listening to:
    Haydn, I reckon.
Re: Firefox issues
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2017, 12:44:36 PM »
I recently switched from Google Chrome to Mozilla Firefox (56.0.1), and images in the Current Listening thread that I post from my Facebook page do not show up, and most from Amazon posted by others are replaced by "Image not available--click to see at Amazon." Is anyone else having this problem? Is it due to a security setting in Firefox? Thanks.

I am using the same version on Win 7, no apparently similar issues. It does sound like a settings issue though... :-\

8)
Help support GMG by purchasing from Amazon using this link

Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Follow me on Twitter @GurnBlanston106

Offline Toccata&Fugue

• Veteran member
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2017, 01:23:33 PM »
I am using the same version on Win 7, no apparently similar issues. It does sound like a settings issue though... :-\

8)

I'm using Windows 10. I'll look at the settings and see if something is up.
"Muß es sein?"
"Es muß sein!"

Online Spineur

• Veteran member
  • Magdalena Kozena, Felicity Lott with love
  • Currently Listening to:
    Mozart & friends
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2017, 01:33:29 PM »
The amazon picture links are https://.. which means that your browser has to establish a secure link with the amazon picture server.  I would also suggest you check your setting.
A woman voice glides like the wind
Of black, of damp, of night
And all it touches in this flight
Suddenly is over.

Anna Akhomatova

Offline Toccata&Fugue

• Veteran member
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2017, 01:42:24 PM »
The amazon picture links are https://.. which means that your browser has to establish a secure link with the amazon picture server.  I would also suggest you check your setting.
I don't get any "secure connection failed" message or anything of the sort. I checked the Security and Privacy settings--nothing seems amiss there.
"Muß es sein?"
"Es muß sein!"

Buying Music From Amazon?
Please consider using these links. A small percentage of every sale using these links is passed on to GMG and helps keep this forum online.
Amazon US
Amazon Canada
Amazon UK