Author Topic: Modern anti-semitism  (Read 2817 times)

Offline bwv 1080

• Veteran member
Re: Modern anti-semitism
« Reply #60 on: November 22, 2017, 07:40:11 AM »
The past 30 years actually have seen a dramatic decrease in global poverty along with a stagnation in median incomes in developing countries, neither of which is the fault of the Jews or any other cabal of sinister capitalists.  Globalization placed poor Asians in competition for the same jobs as working class people in the US and Europe with the result that Asian incomes increased while Western incomes stagnated

http://www.politifact.com/global-news/statements/2016/mar/23/gayle-smith/did-we-really-reduce-extreme-poverty-half-30-years/
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

Offline North Star

• Veteran member
« Reply #61 on: November 22, 2017, 08:36:44 AM »
The past 30 years actually have seen a dramatic decrease in global poverty along with a stagnation in median incomes in developing countries, neither of which is the fault of the Jews or any other cabal of sinister capitalists.  Globalization placed poor Asians in competition for the same jobs as working class people in the US and Europe with the result that Asian incomes increased while Western incomes stagnated

http://www.politifact.com/global-news/statements/2016/mar/23/gayle-smith/did-we-really-reduce-extreme-poverty-half-30-years/
True, but US wealth inequality has seen a dramatic increase in the same time.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/QPKKQnijnsM" target="_blank" class="new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/QPKKQnijnsM</a>
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

Offline Tulse

« Reply #62 on: November 23, 2017, 12:31:30 PM »
I'll wind up here with a quote from Fassbinder: 'Terrorism is an idea generated by capitalism to justify better defense measures to safeguard capitalism.'

Offline bwv 1080

• Veteran member
« Reply #63 on: November 23, 2017, 05:41:30 PM »
I'll wind up here with a quote from Fassbinder: 'Terrorism is an idea generated by capitalism to justify better defense measures to safeguard capitalism.'

Yes if the utterings of a Lamborghini- buying cocaine commie can’t be taken as the authoritative final word on the topic, then what can?
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum

Offline Florestan

• Veteran member
« Reply #64 on: November 24, 2017, 12:32:14 AM »
Yes if the utterings of a Lamborghini- buying cocaine commie can’t be taken as the authoritative final word on the topic, then what can?

Not to mention that it is only in a "capitalistic" society that he could lead his eccentric and provocative lifestyle. In any other it would have landed him in jail.  ;D

It's a verified fact, time and again, that those who complain most vociferously about "capitalism" are sometimes those who benefit the most from it.
"The score is not a bible, and I am never afraid to dare. The music is behind those dots." - Vladimir Horowitz

Offline Tulse

« Reply #65 on: November 24, 2017, 08:05:11 AM »

That is so funny. You have provided some confirmation for Fassbinder's assertion.

kishnevi

« Reply #66 on: November 24, 2017, 06:27:09 PM »
That is so funny. You have provided some confirmation for Fassbinder's assertion.

By pointing out there's no reason to think he knows better than the average person in the street?

The better position is that capitalism in conjunction with our current political system has made it reasonable for some people to think that random mass murder is the best way to alleviate their problems.

Offline nodogen

• Veteran member
« Reply #67 on: January 19, 2018, 06:49:05 AM »
I am referring to the various incidents reported in the media which you dismissed in your earlier comment
I think you are gravely mistaken in your opinion.
The most extreme example seems to be George Galloway, who is too extreme even for his own voters.

Galloway was booted out of the Labour Party 15 years ago. He formed his own little tin pot party thereafter.

kishnevi

« Reply #68 on: January 19, 2018, 11:50:13 AM »
Galloway was booted out of the Labour Party 15 years ago. He formed his own little tin pot party thereafter.

And was afterwards voted out  by Muslim constituents in Bradford, wasn't it? As I said, he's too extreme even for his own voters.

I'm taking a wild guess--Galloway's for Brexit?

Offline nodogen

• Veteran member
« Reply #69 on: March 06, 2018, 02:55:45 PM »
I really don't know or care what he thinks of brexit.... or anything else for that matter. He should have been kept locked in the Big Brother house. With the lights off.