Author Topic: PervertMania: When Will They Come for...You?  (Read 455 times)

Offline snyprrr

• Veteran member
  • SQs, PQs, PQTs, PTs, VSs, Berlioz-Xenakis/Aperghis
  • Currently Listening to:
    Things that are crisp and spritely vs. things that are thick and creamy
PervertMania: When Will They Come for...You?
« on: December 04, 2017, 07:35:14 AM »
It's as if you can't molest anyone anymore without fear of being outed. What gives?

James Levine is the latest, who's next?

When I was in sixth grade, the side of my arm rubbed up against  this girl's...

Rat Poison is 99% Good Food, so Follow the Money

Haydn-Sikh

Offline k a rl h e nn i ng

• Veteran member
  • Et quid amabo nisi quod ænigma est?
    • Henningmusick
    Shostakovich, Frescobaldi, Stravinsky, JS Bach, Liszt, Chopin, Haydn, Henning
Re: PervertMania: When Will They Come for...You?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2017, 07:50:07 AM »
It's as if you can't molest anyone anymore without fear of being outed.

And you object?
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Offline snyprrr

• Veteran member
« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2017, 07:54:15 AM »
And you object?

Ah, Karl, your "cry for help" has been heard, and we are here to help! ;)

Haydn-Sikh

Offline zamyrabyrd

• Veteran member
  • selig sind
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2017, 08:49:30 AM »

James Levine is the latest, who's next?

The ugly guys corner the market, it seems. Quilp comes to mind.  :P
"I write to discover what I know."
 ― Flannery O'Connor

Offline snyprrr

• Veteran member
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2017, 03:45:31 PM »
The ugly guys corner the market, it seems. Quilp comes to mind.  :P

tribe members, too

"That which you are not allowed to criticize is that which rules over you" Voltaire paraphrase

Haydn-Sikh

Offline Le Moderniste

• Birthdate: Year (YYYY) - Month (MM) - Day (DD)
    Stravinsky, Webern, Messiaen, Stockhausen, GRISEY
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2017, 04:39:40 PM »
When I was in sixth grade, the side of my arm rubbed up against  this girl's...

Don't remind me  ??? ??? :laugh:

Offline jessop

• Veteran member
    • jessop's SoundCloud
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2017, 04:44:37 PM »
Well there was a guy in high school older than me who threatened me with really creepy and disgusting stuff. Thankfully I haven't had that problem since.

Offline Uhor

« Reply #7 on: December 05, 2017, 09:17:51 PM »
With so many so lonely.

Offline zamyrabyrd

• Veteran member
  • selig sind
« Reply #8 on: December 06, 2017, 12:59:49 AM »
tribe members, too

"That which you are not allowed to criticize is that which rules over you" Voltaire paraphrase

Starve the hormones
 ― Flannery O'Connor

Offline k a rl h e nn i ng

• Veteran member
  • Et quid amabo nisi quod ænigma est?
    • Henningmusick
    Shostakovich, Frescobaldi, Stravinsky, JS Bach, Liszt, Chopin, Haydn, Henning
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Offline zamyrabyrd

• Veteran member
  • selig sind
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2017, 07:53:10 AM »
One of the most depressing aspects of the Trump era has been the sense that the United States is becoming less tolerant, empathetic and generous under the influence of President Trump. After all, his supporters elected an openly racist, misogynistic, self-absorbed billionaire whose charitable donations were far less than advertised. Nevertheless, the Public Religion Research Institute’s (PRRI) annual poll had some nuggets of good news that show the United States remains a welcoming and empathetic nation.

For example, a large majority of Americans understand the scourge of sexual harassment against women. “Seven in ten (70%) Americans say that recent stories about women being sexually harassed and assaulted in the workplace are part of a broader pattern of how women are often treated, while about one-quarter (24%) say that they are isolated incidents.” Nevertheless, the partisan gap is worrisome. “More than seven in ten Democrats (77%) and independents (73%) say these stories reflect a broader pattern. Roughly six in ten (59%) Republicans agree.” So score one for awareness of the plight of many women in the workplace.

Right, sexual harassment is all Trump's fault. What Billy Boy was doing for 30 years were small potatoes.
It's stupid, boring and mind-numbing to hear as "news", who did what to whom.
News as voyeurism and self-righteousness.
Some ladies have had the courage to come out and say that we should not be caught in compromising situations.
In other words, preventiion is the best cure, not to go to hotel rooms and expect nothing to happen.
Also, feminism did plenty to render respect an antiquated concept.
Yes, how one dresses or not does have a lot to do with it.
In fact, I do have appreciation for our Moslem sisters who nip harassment in the bud.
They INDICATE by covering, what's off limits.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2017, 08:28:42 AM by zamyrabyrd »
 ― Flannery O'Connor

Offline snyprrr

• Veteran member

Haydn-Sikh

Offline zamyrabyrd

• Veteran member
  • selig sind
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2017, 01:07:12 AM »
One of the most depressing aspects of the Trump era has been the sense that the United States is becoming less tolerant, empathetic and generous under the influence of President Trump. After all, his supporters elected an openly racist, misogynistic, self-absorbed billionaire whose charitable donations were far less than advertised. Nevertheless, the Public Religion Research Institute’s (PRRI) annual poll had some nuggets of good news that show the United States remains a welcoming and empathetic nation.

For example, a large majority of Americans understand the scourge of sexual harassment against women. “Seven in ten (70%) Americans say that recent stories about women being sexually harassed and assaulted in the workplace are part of a broader pattern of how women are often treated, while about one-quarter (24%) say that they are isolated incidents.” Nevertheless, the partisan gap is worrisome. “More than seven in ten Democrats (77%) and independents (73%) say these stories reflect a broader pattern. Roughly six in ten (59%) Republicans agree.” So score one for awareness of the plight of many women in the workplace.

Oh boy, I don't want a fake "empathetic" nation, whatever that means, I want one that works.

Obama blatantly stoked the racial fires with his irresponsible statements about suspects before all the facts were in, as with Travon Martin, that he could be his "own son".  He never respected nor gave support to law enforcement, rather sat back when thugs looted and ravaged the streets.

As for an alleged lack of generosity, Trump is donating his 3rd quarter salary to help fight the opioid epidemic:
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/362645-trump-donates-third-quarter-paycheck-to-battling-opioid-epidemic
 ― Flannery O'Connor

Offline nodogen

• Veteran member
    • this just as this
    Scriabin, often
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2017, 01:31:37 AM »
It's as if you can't molest anyone anymore without fear of being outed. What gives?

Indeed. Surely it is a basic human right to be able to "abuse or assault a person sexually." (Oxford English Dictionary)

this just as this

Offline amw

• Veteran member
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2017, 02:08:31 AM »
Oh boy, I don't want a fake "empathetic" nation, whatever that means, I want one that works.

Obama blatantly stoked the racial fires with his irresponsible statements about suspects before all the facts were in, as with Travon Martin, that he could be his "own son".  He never respected nor gave support to law enforcement, rather sat back when thugs looted and ravaged the streets.

As for an alleged lack of generosity, Trump is donating his 3rd quarter salary to help fight the opioid epidemic:
http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/362645-trump-donates-third-quarter-paycheck-to-battling-opioid-epidemic
Obama expanded the security state and national surveillance apparatus to unprecedented levels—including an executive order on literally his last day in office granting the NSA more freedom to surveil US citizens without warrants—deported more undocumented immigrants than any other US President and sided with the police even in cases of flagrant abuses of power, leading to almost every police officer getting acquitted even when there was video evidence proving excessive force was used, but I guess he acted like a white person whilst being black and everyone knows the only position a black person can hold that displays respect to the police is curled up in the fetal position with a cop's boot on your neck. Also the reason I was assaulted as a preteen is because I was a total slut and had the bad judgment to trust an adult whose job was literally to have legal authority over me during school hours, and maybe if I didn't want it I should have converted to Islam, because insh'Allah no Muslim woman in Syria or Afghanistan or Myanmar has ever suffered sexual violence. Got it.

I guess there's a reason I keep this section of the forum hidden by default.... and probably should keep it that way if I don't want to end up permanently banned from GMG lmao

Buying Music From Amazon?
Please consider using these links. A small percentage of every sale using these links is passed on to GMG and helps keep this forum online.
Amazon US
Amazon Canada
Amazon UK