Author Topic: Storm damage.  (Read 998 times)

Offline "Harry"

• Veteran member
  • Don't waste your energy trying to convince people.
Re: Storm damage.
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2019, 02:57:49 AM »
Today the electrical wiring was replaced in the listening room. All is painted anew. I turned on the system. so that the pre-amplifier + Amplifier can charge up. It needs a full 24 hours before the sound is okay. It has been 2 weeks from power.
So with some luck I will start this week listening to orchestral works, which I neglected totally.
The rest of the repairs will commence soon I hope, but the listening room was top priority for me.
There comes a point in your life when you realize: Who matters, Who never did, Who won't anymore, And who always will. So, don't worry about people from your past, there's a reason why they didn't make it to your future.

Offline mc ukrneal

• Veteran member
« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2019, 03:51:13 AM »
Today the electrical wiring was replaced in the listening room. All is painted anew. I turned on the system. so that the pre-amplifier + Amplifier can charge up. It needs a full 24 hours before the sound is okay. It has been 2 weeks from power.
So with some luck I will start this week listening to orchestral works, which I neglected totally.
The rest of the repairs will commence soon I hope, but the listening room was top priority for me.

Good news! Hope the rest of the house makes as good progress as the listening room!
Be kind to your fellow posters!!

Offline vandermolen

• Silver Subscriber
« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2019, 04:17:32 AM »
Good news! Hope the rest of the house makes as good progress as the listening room!
+1
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

Offline pjme

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2019, 08:10:46 AM »
Da's goed nieuws Harry. Maak er weer een mooie en veilige plek van.