Author Topic: OK, we are back  (Read 8758 times)

The One

Re: OK, we are back
« Reply #280 on: May 02, 2018, 05:49:10 AM »
IP address of the old server

74.200.90.22 & 74.200.91.197

Offline milk

• Veteran member
« Reply #281 on: May 03, 2018, 04:57:09 AM »
I get this site for about 5 minutes a day. Here in Japan, this site is inaccessible from multiple locations/servers/DNS's.

Offline zamyrabyrd

• Veteran member
  • selig sind
« Reply #282 on: May 03, 2018, 05:06:34 AM »
Thanks for all your efforts, Rob.

Yeah, we really appreciate you!
"I write to discover what I know."
 ― Flannery O'Connor

Offline North Star

• Veteran member
« Reply #283 on: May 03, 2018, 05:34:34 AM »
Last time I had a trouble accessing the site, I put on my browser's virtual private network and all worked again.
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

Offline Traverso

« Reply #284 on: May 05, 2018, 03:10:23 AM »
 For more than half a hour problems to connect.

connection problems

Sorry SMF was unable to connect to the database.This may be caused by the server being busy.Please try again later.

I changed the DNS server,reset the router etc.i don't know what the problem is but it is very annoying.

Online mc ukrneal

• Veteran member
« Reply #285 on: May 05, 2018, 03:12:47 AM »
For more than half a hour problems to connect.

connection problems

Sorry SMF was unable to connect to the database.This may be caused by the server being busy.Please try again later.

I changed the DNS server,reset the router etc.i don't know what the problem is but it is very annoying.

I also had a problem - may have been unrelated to the site move.
Be kind to your fellow posters!!

Offline Traverso

« Reply #286 on: May 05, 2018, 03:14:36 AM »
I also had a problem - may have been unrelated to the site move.

I think so too,changing the DNS server did not help.

Baron Scarpia

« Reply #287 on: May 05, 2018, 08:32:47 AM »
That message means you connected to the site, but the site was having trouble reading its own data. Not related to the DNS problem, nothing wrong on your end.

Offline Traverso

« Reply #288 on: May 05, 2018, 09:39:48 AM »
That message means you connected to the site, but the site was having trouble reading its own data. Not related to the DNS problem, nothing wrong on your end.

Very reassuring. ;)

Baron Scarpia

« Reply #289 on: May 05, 2018, 11:23:24 AM »
I just had a spell where when I tried to access the site I got a message saying my computer is not connected to the internet (although it was and could access all other internet sites and services). Very odd.

Offline Traverso

« Reply #290 on: May 05, 2018, 11:34:45 AM »
I just had a spell where when I tried to access the site I got a message saying my computer is not connected to the internet (although it was and could access all other internet sites and services). Very odd.

I had the same,second time today,look to the ""All members please read and respond: Are you having trouble accessing the forum?

Offline North Star

• Veteran member
« Reply #291 on: May 05, 2018, 11:37:48 AM »
I couldn't access the site either for a while tonight, and turning on my browser VPN didn't help unlike on earlier occasions.

My photographs on Flickr

Offline "Harry"

• Veteran member
« Reply #292 on: May 06, 2018, 07:09:13 AM »
Okay, now I am getting problems too, reaching GMG. This morning on the phone it would not connect, after a few hours he would but it's a question of on and off all the time. On the computer at home I am getting the same problem. I have no idea what it is, and can reach all other sites I visit.
Funny since I did not have problems before.
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
Aristotle.

(Formerly known as Harry's corner)

Offline Mirror Image

• Veteran member
  • Rued Langgaard (1893 - 1952)
  • Currently Listening to:
    Musik fra den himmelske by
« Reply #293 on: May 06, 2018, 08:12:02 AM »
The biggest issue I have right now is load times. If these problems persist, I’ll have to leave the forum because it’s downright irritating that prior to the server switch, I’ve had no issues with the forum unless there was an enforced shutdown due to maintenance from Rob. But now, it seems all I have is problems.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2018, 08:18:53 AM by Mirror Image »
“I really would like to go to Marmorkirken. It was there that I heard music for the first time, and that experience is like a heavenly vision for me.” - Rued Langgaard

Offline North Star

• Veteran member
« Reply #294 on: May 06, 2018, 08:32:31 AM »
Quoting Jeffrey Smith  from the Facebook group:
Reporting a problem that needs to be brought to Rob's attention, and that doesn't seem to be connected to the general DNS problem. The forum is, apparently, not letting people register as new members.

I have repeatedly tried to register as a new member during the last week. The forum lets me accept the TOS, links me to the page to register user name, password, and email, and answer the bot-deterrent questions. If I make a typing error in the password process, it responds appropriately. Then I hit the register button and the form tells me "Database Error: if this happens again, notify an admin." I am guessing the software, for some reason, is not taking the final step of creating and adding the new account to the membership registry.

I waited until this morning to try to register with a different computer and with wifi, but the problem manifests with both of those, which is why I don't think it's related to the Server Not Found problem.

Speaking of the latter, going by the behavior of the browsers on my tablet, the problem continues, but not as badly as it has been this time last week.

My photographs on Flickr

Offline Traverso

« Reply #295 on: May 06, 2018, 08:35:03 AM »
The biggest issue I have right now is load times. If these problems persist, I’ll have to leave the forum because it’s downright irritating that prior to the server switch, I’ve had no issues with the forum unless there was an enforced shutdown due to maintenance from Rob. But now, it seems all I have is problems.

It is indeed very irritating,it is certain that switching the DNS server didn't solve the problem.

Offline Mirror Image

• Veteran member
  • Rued Langgaard (1893 - 1952)
    Musik fra den himmelske by
« Reply #296 on: May 06, 2018, 09:13:36 AM »
It is indeed very irritating,it is certain that switching the DNS server didn't solve the problem.

I don’t think changing DNS servers was even remotely on my mind when running into problem after problem on this ‘new and improved’ site. I still believe it’s an issue with this new server that houses GMG and nothing on my end.
“I really would like to go to Marmorkirken. It was there that I heard music for the first time, and that experience is like a heavenly vision for me.” - Rued Langgaard

Offline "Harry"

• Veteran member
« Reply #297 on: May 06, 2018, 09:18:21 AM »
Fact is there are some serious problems concerning GMG, but I do not think that Rob can do anything or little about it. Its probably a more deeper technical problem as anyone could have foreseen.
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
Aristotle.

(Formerly known as Harry's corner)

Offline milk

• Veteran member
« Reply #298 on: May 17, 2018, 03:22:42 PM »
From Japan, it’s sometimes somewhat difficult to access this site - though my statement is anecdotal and may conflict with the experiences of other people in other parts of the country. 

Offline Mookalafalas

• Veteran member
    Telemann, Russian music and musicians, Piano sonatas
« Reply #299 on: May 17, 2018, 07:29:08 PM »
From Japan, it’s sometimes somewhat difficult to access this site - though my statement is anecdotal and may conflict with the experiences of other people in other parts of the country.

Just to chime in, I'm in Taiwan, and no troubles at all. After things came back on line last month, I've never had a single issue.
It's all good...