Poll

Revised poll: Please let me know how good your access is to GMG since we moved to the new servers on April 4.

Good access (>90% connectivity)
51 (73.9%)
Intermittent access (50-90% connectivity)
10 (14.5%)
Poor access (10-50% connectivity)
2 (2.9%)
Almost inaccessible (<10% connectivity)
6 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Author Topic: All members please read and respond: Are you having trouble accessing the forum?  (Read 2172 times)

Offline San Antone

• Veteran member
    • Highway 80 Stories
  • Currently Listening to:
    Bach, Chopin, Liszt, Brahms, Debussy
Some members who deleted their accounts in the hope that they would have success with a new account reported (on facebook) that they could not create a new account. However this doesn't exclude the possibility that they can't create an account for the same reason that they had difficulty connecting.

However, I just tried to create a new account using an alternate email, just to see what would happen. I got an error, "database error" and could not continue.

Dead site walking.

The latest new member registered on March 31st, but hasn't posted anything.  Looks like April has been the cruelest month.

Offline k a rl h e nn i ng

• Veteran member
  • Et quid amabo nisi quod ænigma est?
    • Henningmusick
    Shostakovich, Frescobaldi, Stravinsky, JS Bach, Liszt, Chopin, Haydn, Henning
My experience is consistent. No difficulties whatsoever on any wifi network.

Same here.

My only non-wifi experience is with Tapatalk on my phone.  Whether the problem resided in Tapatalk itself, or in Tapatalk's communication with GMG, that became worthless at the time of the change, so I deleted the app from my phone and am resigned to inaccessibility via that device.

I'm not saying it's any great tragedy . . . .
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Offline amw

• Veteran member

Rob hasn't been active at the forum since 2.5.18., so he has probably not seen all the posts.
That's not a great sign either.

Offline Madiel

• Veteran member
    • A musical diary
    Whatever's listed in my blog.
As I've said before, my experience is generally the reverse: wifi/broadband is bad, cellular network is fine.

The forced DNS mapping I've done on my desktop PC has fixed the problem there, but any time I try to use my phone using wifi and the same router, big problems. If I'm silly enough to try using my phone while at home, I have to switch the wifi off.
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

Offline k a rl h e nn i ng

• Veteran member
  • Et quid amabo nisi quod ænigma est?
    • Henningmusick
    Shostakovich, Frescobaldi, Stravinsky, JS Bach, Liszt, Chopin, Haydn, Henning
Oh, that's a pain.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Offline Madiel

• Veteran member
    • A musical diary
    Whatever's listed in my blog.
Eh. It's fairly mild. Only really affects me if I try to do something like read the forum in bed.  ;D

But it proves the problem still exists on that connection, and I'm still relying on the forced DNS mapping workaround. I'm just glad that that worked.
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

Offline Mirror Image

• Veteran member
  • Rued Langgaard (1893 - 1952)
    Musik fra den himmelske by
Multiple people have brought this up over the past few weeks but it seems like there has been no progress or even acknowledgment that there is an issue.

And this is the part that troubles me the most.

In other news, I’m still getting error messages from time to time, which is annoying to say the least, but, overall, everything seems to be running smoothly.
“I really would like to go to Marmorkirken. It was there that I heard music for the first time, and that experience is like a heavenly vision for me.” - Rued Langgaard

Online Mandryka

• Veteran member
No problem at all nearly all the time.
Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muss man schweigen