Author Topic: Updated my secondary set  (Read 105 times)

Offline "Harry"

• Veteran member
Updated my secondary set
« on: July 08, 2018, 04:22:11 AM »
I updated my secondary system with a few components, and cordially invite comments, negative/positive on the equipment I bought. I had an Arcam solo set with Dynaudio MC 15 active speakers, those speakers I retain but added a Paradigm Sub woofer 8. As a CD player with integrated Pre-amp, I bought a Quad Atera, and as a added bonus I bought a Yamaha wireless streaming pre amplifier WXC 50.
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
Aristotle.

(Formerly known as Harry's corner)

Offline "Harry"

• Veteran member
Re: Updated my secondary set
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2018, 06:23:38 AM »
Well, well 41 views and no reaction. In the olden days of GMG that would never have happened, the discussion was lividly, and informative.
But I guess with the recent downwards spiral of activity and members involvement, the dissolvement of GMG must be near.

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
Aristotle.

(Formerly known as Harry's corner)

Offline snyprrr

• Veteran member
  • SQs, PQs, PQTs, PTs, VSs, Berlioz-Xenakis/Aperghis
  • Currently Listening to:
    Things that are crisp and spritely vs. things that are thick and creamy
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2018, 06:29:49 AM »
the discussion was lividly,

maybe that was the problem?

yea, Trump has ruined GMG :(
Rat Poison is 99% Good Food, so Follow the Money

Haydn-Sikh

Offline Gurn Blanston

• Haydn: that genius of vulgar music who induces an inordinate thirst for beer - Mily Balakirev (1860)
  • Global Moderator
  • Support your local Haydn Society
    • Gurn's Haydn Blog
  • Currently Listening to:
    Haydn, I reckon.
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2018, 06:35:26 AM »
Well, well 41 views and no reaction. In the olden days of GMG that would never have happened, the discussion was lividly, and informative.
But I guess with the recent downwards spiral of activity and members involvement, the dissolvement of GMG must be near.

Yes, there used to be quite a few stereo enthusiasts here. Although I can say I was never one, and other than Yamaha, of which I used to have one (wonderful thing it was) I know none of those names.

It's true, those remaining are mainly dissolute, like young Snipper there... ;)

8)
Help support GMG by purchasing from Amazon using this link

Visit my Haydn blog: HaydnSeek

Follow me on Twitter @GurnBlanston106

Online André

• Veteran member
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2018, 06:53:07 AM »
I have Paradigm Reference loudspeakers, but that's as fancy as my equipment gets  :D

Apart from knowing the Yamaha brand name, none of your equipment components is known to me  :-X, although I trust you to have made the right choices !