Author Topic: My Original Piano "Sonata" No. 1 (One Movement Work)  (Read 1556 times)

Offline OscoBosco

Offline MarkMcD

Re: My Original Piano "Sonata" No. 1 (One Movement Work)
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2018, 02:40:57 AM »
Hi Osco,

This is a beautiful and emotional piece of writing.  It has a real feel of movement and each developing section flows seamlessly into the next.  I really like the idea of taking the minor 2nd as such a tiny building block and expanding on it as much as possible, eventually filling 7 minutes of very clever and interesting music with such a small idea.  Really great work.  Beautifully played too!

Regards Mark

Offline OscoBosco

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2018, 06:44:38 PM »
Thanks so much :) Glad you enjoyed it

Offline Rons_talking

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2018, 10:29:39 AM »
Nice job. It's very musical sounding and flows well. You're right: it is difficult deciding on a syntax in the 21stC since it seems most harmonic and rhythmic styles have been explored at length.  I would like it more if you trim away some of the notes that are not necessary (figurative) and use rests much more frequently for rhythmic tension (chop up the phrasing to be less predictable). Keep at it.... and be sure to listen to the piano music of Bartok, Prokofiev and Hindemith for ideas on phrasing and tonal variety. :)  RR