Author Topic: Identify Your Avatar  (Read 191442 times)

Offline Mirror Image

• Veteran member
  • Rued Langgaard (1893 - 1952)
  • Currently Listening to:
    Musik fra den himmelske by
Re: Identify Your Avatar
« Reply #2660 on: May 07, 2018, 04:22:21 PM »
My current avatar is a composer of huge importance for me: Aaron Copland. It seems that the information attributed to this photo is that it's dated December 1955 and appears to be in front of some barn of an undisclosed location.
“I really would like to go to Marmorkirken. It was there that I heard music for the first time, and that experience is like a heavenly vision for me.” - Rued Langgaard

Offline TheGSMoeller

• Veteran member
  • Monkey Greg.
« Reply #2661 on: May 22, 2018, 10:41:55 AM »
My current avatar is a composer of huge importance for me: Aaron Copland. It seems that the information attributed to this photo is that it's dated December 1955 and appears to be in front of some barn of an undisclosed location.

I love being gone from the forum for a few weeks, then reading your most recent post updating your avatar only for it to already be outdated and the picture not matching the composer.  ;D Had to do a double-take on the image.
Thanks for the entertainment, John. Now perhaps I'll go rock-out to Barber's 1st Symphony.

Offline NikF

• Veteran member
  • Hassy shenanigans in the digital domain.
« Reply #2662 on: May 23, 2018, 05:30:25 AM »
I added to my collection of colour wheels via this original early 60s print ad by Luxite. I'm sure that in the future none of my own print published work will be venerated in the slightest.  ;D

"You overestimate my power of attraction," he told her. "No, I don't," she replied sharply, "and neither do you".

Offline k a rl h e nn i ng

• Veteran member
  • Et quid amabo nisi quod ænigma est?
    • Henningmusick
  • Currently Listening to:
    Shostakovich, Frescobaldi, Stravinsky, JS Bach, Liszt, Chopin, Haydn, Henning
« Reply #2663 on: May 23, 2018, 07:11:08 AM »
A detail, “cartoonized,” of a negative image of raindrops on the car’s hood.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Offline Alberich

• Veteran member
  • Huge fan of 19th and 20th century art.
« Reply #2664 on: July 12, 2018, 03:08:05 AM »
My current avatar is Gustave Brion's original illustration of Inspector Javert from the first edition of Les Misérables. I have also changed my signature to match my avatar.
"Javert, though frightful, had nothing ignoble about him. Probity, sincerity, candor, conviction, the sense of duty, are things which may become hideous when wrongly directed; but which, even when hideous, remain grand."

- Victor Hugo

Offline eljr

• The problem with listening...
    • The ejlr "listening to" log.
« Reply #2665 on: July 16, 2018, 05:24:35 AM »
My current avatar is me. I have donned a space suit because I spend much time in the Trump thread and many of the posters there post as if they are from outer space. I always try to fit in.
“You practice and you get better. It’s very simple.”
Philip Glass