Author Topic: Identify Your Avatar  (Read 203739 times)

Offline George

• Veteran member
  • Hey Bert!
Re: Identify Your Avatar
« Reply #2680 on: September 13, 2018, 07:05:48 AM »
Who knows mine without cheating?

That dude from Jaws?
"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

Offline MN Dave

• Currently Listening to:
    beethoven, chopin, brahms, rock music...
« Reply #2681 on: September 13, 2018, 07:11:53 AM »

Offline aligreto

• Veteran member
« Reply #2682 on: September 13, 2018, 07:20:22 AM »
Gerard Depardieu

;D
The ability to talk comes with knowledge. The ability to listen comes with wisdom.

Offline Florestan

• Veteran member
« Reply #2683 on: September 13, 2018, 07:28:29 AM »
Come on, guys! It's a heavily edited photo of MN Dave himself.
When I was a child, happiness was simple. Now that I've grown up, simplicity is happiness. - Anonymous

Offline MN Dave

« Reply #2684 on: September 13, 2018, 07:36:51 AM »
HEAVILY edited!  ;)

Offline MN Dave

« Reply #2685 on: September 14, 2018, 04:06:48 AM »
Seneca the Younger actually

Offline Christo

• Veteran member
  • ... an opening of those magic casements ...
« Reply #2686 on: September 17, 2018, 09:45:45 PM »
RVW as an octogenarian, in rare colour.
… music is not only an `entertainment’, nor a mere luxury, but a necessity of the spiritual if not of the physical life, an opening of those magic casements through which we can catch a glimpse of that country where ultimate reality will be found.    RVW, 1948

Offline vandermolen

• Veteran member
« Reply #2687 on: September 17, 2018, 10:02:51 PM »
Miaskovsky or Myaskovsky
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

Offline Ken B

• Veteran member
  • The Age of the Wanker is upon us
    • kenBlogic
    Canoes not battleships.
« Reply #2688 on: September 19, 2018, 07:20:27 AM »

The door of Senator Feinstein's office.
Give a man a fire and he is warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he is warm for life.

Offline Sydney Nova Scotia

• Sydaney the greatest games ever
« Reply #2689 on: September 19, 2018, 04:56:01 PM »
The Keyboard playing cat augmented :D
Sydney is my name and games is my game

Offline hpowders

The complete Haydn String Quartets and complete Haydn Fortepiano Sonatas
« Reply #2690 on: September 25, 2018, 12:30:22 PM »
The 20th Century American composer, William Schuman, who still lives thanks to Naxos!!!
"Why do so many of us try to explain the beauty of music thus depriving it of its mystery?" Leonard Bernstein. (Wait a minute!! Didn't Bernstein spend most of his life doing exactly that???)

Offline 2dogs

Avant garde, musique concrete & elektronische klang
« Reply #2691 on: September 25, 2018, 08:14:02 PM »
A collage of futuristic silver foil album covers from the Philips Prospective 21e Siecle series of the 1960s/70s.

Offline Florestan

• Veteran member
« Reply #2692 on: September 29, 2018, 08:18:44 AM »

The door of Senator Feinstein's office.

Except that the Venetian Inquisition was wise enough to decree that any accusation proven false resulted in the accuser getting the same punishment as the accused would have got had the accusation been true.  ;D
When I was a child, happiness was simple. Now that I've grown up, simplicity is happiness. - Anonymous

Offline ritter

• Veteran member
  • Raoul Dufy - “Tragédie, Comédie”
« Reply #2693 on: September 29, 2018, 08:20:06 AM »
Except that the Venetian Inquisition was wise enough to decree that any accusation proven false resulted in the accuser getting the same punishment as the accused would have got had the accusation been true.  ;D
Not much use when the accusation was made anonymously.... ;D
Ritter
-------------------------------------------------------------
”Auch deine Träne ward zum Segenstaue: du weinest - sieh! es lacht die Aue”.

Offline Florestan

• Veteran member
« Reply #2694 on: September 29, 2018, 08:23:31 AM »
Not much use when the accusation was made anonymously.... ;D

They were also wise enough not to accept any accusation which did not bear the full name and address of the accuser.

Offline ritter

• Veteran member
  • Raoul Dufy - “Tragédie, Comédie”
« Reply #2695 on: September 29, 2018, 08:31:16 AM »
They were also wise enough not to accept any accusation which did not bear the full name and address of the accuser.
Goid for them.... But for many here in Spain, reading the words “Inquisition” and “wise” in the same sentence is a bit....shocking?  :D
Ritter
-------------------------------------------------------------
”Auch deine Träne ward zum Segenstaue: du weinest - sieh! es lacht die Aue”.

Offline Florestan

• Veteran member
« Reply #2696 on: September 29, 2018, 08:47:47 AM »
Goid for them.... But for many here in Spain, reading the words “Inquisition” and “wise” in the same sentence is a bit....shocking?  :D

Wonder is the beginning of wisdom.  ;D

Offline North Star

• Veteran member
« Reply #2697 on: October 13, 2018, 12:42:02 AM »
e: and remind me, who is the forum control freak loser who deems shooting film to be passe? Really, all you guys consumed with existing in the digital domain, why don't you avoid being distracted by the external validation pop-up prompt, before even considering putting a lens on something/someone? You're a photographer? LMAO
Well, I can't think of anyone else you might be describing than me. I agree that social media likes and comments have little to do with photography (luckily notifications for such things can be turned off). And I don't think I've really said that film is passé. I have a digital camera and I like to use it. The pinch of knowing that every click of the shutter costs money and limits how many shots you have left is certainly a good incentive for thinking before clicking, but I've found shooting a RAW file and then making a jpeg out of that with the camera editor is a process that suits me at the moment. I'd love to get my hands on a good printer, though.
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr

Offline NikF

• Veteran member
« Reply #2698 on: October 13, 2018, 03:16:50 AM »
Well, I can't think of anyone else you might be describing than me. I agree that social media likes and comments have little to do with photography (luckily notifications for such things can be turned off). And I don't think I've really said that film is passé. I have a digital camera and I like to use it. The pinch of knowing that every click of the shutter costs money and limits how many shots you have left is certainly a good incentive for thinking before clicking, but I've found shooting a RAW file and then making a jpeg out of that with the camera editor is a process that suits me at the moment. I'd love to get my hands on a good printer, though.

No.

I'm not referring to you. I understand and accept who I am and that how I might conduct myself is (from time to time) less than palatable to some. But I've the balls to call people out - even if it's admin on an Internet forum - and name names in the process. So, if I had something, anything, to say about you, I would address you directly, Karlo - I don't fuck around in that respect and in real life, I can back it up. You remember I have your (last couple of) home addresses? - if I wanted to say something to you I would take pen to paper, scrawl a note, head off to the post office and let you know how I feel.

e: why do I have to deal with this BS? In the past you've had no problem engaging in conversation with me via PM. Hit me up before accusing me in public of something I'm not guilty of.
And if anyone else wants to say anything - come ahead.  8)

« Last Edit: October 13, 2018, 03:28:45 AM by NikF »
"You overestimate my power of attraction," he told her. "No, I don't," she replied sharply, "and neither do you".

Offline North Star

• Veteran member
« Reply #2699 on: October 13, 2018, 04:04:10 AM »
No.

I'm not referring to you. I understand and accept who I am and that how I might conduct myself is (from time to time) less than palatable to some. But I've the balls to call people out - even if it's admin on an Internet forum - and name names in the process. So, if I had something, anything, to say about you, I would address you directly, Karlo - I don't fuck around in that respect and in real life, I can back it up. You remember I have your (last couple of) home addresses? - if I wanted to say something to you I would take pen to paper, scrawl a note, head off to the post office and let you know how I feel.

e: why do I have to deal with this BS? In the past you've had no problem engaging in conversation with me via PM. Hit me up before accusing me in public of something I'm not guilty of.
And if anyone else wants to say anything - come ahead.  8)
My mistake, I had no idea there was anyone else who could have fit the description better. :D
"Everything has beauty, but not everyone sees it." - Confucius

My photographs on Flickr