Author Topic: Stockhausen's Spaceship  (Read 254397 times)

Online Thatfabulousalien

• Veteran member
  • Currently Listening to:
    Folk, Klezma, jazz and very dissonant, exhilarating classical music
Re: Stockhausen's Spaceship
« Reply #1340 on: December 05, 2016, 01:12:42 AM »

The way opera should be! 8)

Offline Rinaldo

• Veteran member
  • Cara sposa, dove sei?
    • aaraaf.net
« Reply #1341 on: December 13, 2016, 09:03:21 AM »

Online Thatfabulousalien

• Veteran member
« Reply #1342 on: December 13, 2016, 10:24:28 AM »

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

So it's definitely happening now?
I live on the other side of the world but I'm gonna try and make an effort to get there, I have to see this once in a lifetime spectacle!
 :-*

Offline Rinaldo

• Veteran member
  • Cara sposa, dove sei?
    • aaraaf.net
« Reply #1343 on: December 13, 2016, 12:03:45 PM »
I live on the other side of the world but I'm gonna try and make an effort to get there, I have to see this once in a lifetime spectacle!
 :-*

Do that! Holland Festival is worth the trip.

Online Thatfabulousalien

• Veteran member
« Reply #1344 on: December 31, 2016, 02:49:58 AM »
I'm just about to go through another Stockhausen phase, I predict......  ;)

Happy new years aliens on your planet of "earth", we will invade another time...when you least expect it  >:D
hahahahahaaa......  :laugh:

Online Thatfabulousalien

• Veteran member
« Reply #1345 on: January 07, 2017, 10:17:23 PM »

Offline Rex

« Reply #1346 on: January 11, 2017, 02:57:08 AM »

Something very tempting to look forward to in 2 years time!!  At least Pierre Audi gives the impression that he could  brilliantly fulfill Stockhausen's vision, rather than graft a grotesque implant of his own vision on Stockhausen's music.

Unlike the production of Donnerstag in Basel, which I flew to from the other side of the world only to see a production that was so banal and so far removed from Stockhausen's vision, I had to close my eyes to reassure myself that Stockhausen really was the genius I had known for so many years. And sure enough, with my eyes closed, there was that wonderful music!! After watching Michaels Reise in an execrable production that was so removed from Stockhausen's vision, I had to walk out and miss the third act. As I said to my bf as we walked through the beautiful evening air in Basel, Stockhausen's music has unfailingly taken me to places of intellectual beauty. An opening out into greater possibilities. But all I could feel from this production was darkness, claustrophobia and pretension. (Although I have to admit that people I respect have liked that production. I thought it was just hideous!)

If you hadn't already guessed I have no patience for directors who steal a vision of genius from a great composer, and infect it with trivialities and banalities that completely betray the original vision. I find it hard to understand how musicians who strive so hard and successfully to be faithful to the music a composer wrote, can be part of a production that is utterly historically inaccurate.

LOL - it's late at night and I have obviously let one of my demons out of the bottle!

Here's to Suzanne Stephens, Kathinka Pasveer and Pierre Audi, and a host of other great musicians and artists making something truly wonderful in Holland in 2019. I know if I can make it I will be there!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 03:00:08 AM by Rex »

Buying Music From Amazon?
Please consider using these links. A small percentage of every sale using these links is passed on to GMG and helps keep this forum online.
Amazon US
Amazon Canada
Amazon UK