Author Topic: Bohuslav Martinů (1890-1959)  (Read 99267 times)

Offline jidlomonster

Re: Bohuslav Martinů (1890-1959)
« Reply #1100 on: February 02, 2019, 08:40:32 AM »
It's always been a great pleasure to see such a lively interest in this music of Martinů on this forum.  As chairman of the International Martinů Circle, (IMC) I want to do what I can to widen the appreciation of his music to the best of my ability - so I hope you don't mind my using some space here to advertise a new initiative.

The IMC  has launched a Facebook Group, open to IMC members and non-members alike. Members of the group will be able to interact with other enthusiasts, share opinions on Martinů's music, draw attention to favourite recordings or videos, advertise performances, arrange to meet other members at Martinů events or even canvas opinions by conducting a poll.  In short, it is an excellent tool for bringing Martinů fans closer together and spreading the word about his extraordinary legacy.

The Facebook Group is called 'Bohuslav Martinů enthusiasts' and can found from outside Facebook by  typing the following address directly into your browser:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/internationalmartinucircle

If there are any questions you want to ask, I am happy to be contacted by email at michael.crump@sky.com