Author Topic: The Super-Duper Cheap Bargains Thread  (Read 821274 times)

Online André

• Veteran member
Re: The Super-Duper Cheap Bargains Thread
« Reply #6560 on: June 05, 2018, 07:09:49 PM »
JPC is having eine grosse ICON Preisaktion sale. Not exactly bargain basement prices, but some fine bargains nonetheless..

https://www.jpc.de/s/NCA+Restposten?searchtype=campaigntext]https://www.jpc.de/s/Die+große+Icon+Preisaktion?searchtype=campaigntext

Also at JPC, some intriguing issues on the NCA label:

https://www.jpc.de/s/NCA+Restposten?searchtype=campaigntext
« Last Edit: June 05, 2018, 07:11:42 PM by André »

Offline Mookalafalas

• Veteran member
  • Currently Listening to:
    Telemann, Russian music and musicians, Piano sonatas
« Reply #6561 on: June 11, 2018, 05:00:35 AM »
$147.  fallen about 1/3 in price lately.  Not a favorite at GMG, I think, but I like him a lot and would like to have this...but still waiting for it to get to super-DUPER cheap.

It's all good...

Offline PerfectWagnerite

• Veteran member
« Reply #6562 on: June 11, 2018, 10:09:10 AM »
$147.  fallen about 1/3 in price lately.  Not a favorite at GMG, I think, but I like him a lot and would like to have this...but still waiting for it to get to super-DUPER cheap.

Not a favorite probably because he is rather over-exposed and around here rarity is concomitant with quality. Also unless one has been living under a rock for the past 30-40 yrs one almost runs into 2 dozen or so Perlman recordings by accident.

Offline Mookalafalas

• Veteran member
    Telemann, Russian music and musicians, Piano sonatas
« Reply #6563 on: June 16, 2018, 11:33:32 PM »
Not a favorite probably because he is rather over-exposed and around here rarity is concomitant with quality. Also unless one has been living under a rock for the past 30-40 yrs one almost runs into 2 dozen or so Perlman recordings by accident.

I'd like to see your music collection! ;D I have a hell of a lot of the big boxes, but except for in the Yo Yo Ma giant one, not much Perlman.

Anyway, good specials from Amazon DE.  Once they subtract VAT, the new Kubelik is 89 Eur, The new Bernstein (Edition--Columbia, Vocal Works) 80 Eur, and Harnouncourt Complete Sony (65CD) is 76 EUR.  I guess that's about $1.50 per disk, although they sting you pretty hard for shipping...
It's all good...

Offline Moonfish

• Veteran member
    Timeless soundscapes...
« Reply #6564 on: June 17, 2018, 10:19:03 AM »
  I'd like to see your music collection! ;D I have a hell of a lot of the big boxes, but except for in the Yo Yo Ma giant one, not much Perlman.

Anyway, good specials from Amazon DE.  Once they subtract VAT, the new Kubelik is 89 Eur, The new Bernstein (Edition--Columbia, Vocal Works) 80 Eur, and Harnouncourt Complete Sony (65CD) is 76 EUR.  I guess that's about $1.50 per disk, although they sting you pretty hard for shipping...

The new Bernstein vocal is definitely a deal...   :P
"Every time you spend money you are casting a vote for the kind of world you want...."
Anna Lappé

Offline PerfectWagnerite

• Veteran member
« Reply #6565 on: June 17, 2018, 11:09:51 AM »

Well I don't have as much as others here but safe to say 3 or 4 floor to ceiling shelves plus piles of cds stacking 7 ft high I can lay claim to LOL !

Most of these big boxes with these mega-star conductors I likely have at least 60-70% of the recordings so I am not even going to try to acquire them. Lenny for example I probably have over 90% of his SONY and DG recordings including an almost complete Royal Edition with those awful cover arts.