Author Topic: Sound The TRUMPets! A Thread for Presidential Pondering 2016-2020(?)  (Read 282231 times)

k a rl h e nn i ng (+ 1 Hidden) and 3 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline milk

• Veteran member
Re: Sound The TRUMPets! A Thread for Presidential Pondering 2016-2020(?)
« Reply #7500 on: December 12, 2017, 06:42:27 PM »

And agin, and again, and again...I guess that’s where she got from. 
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 06:46:18 PM by milk »

Offline Todd

• Veteran member
« Reply #7501 on: December 12, 2017, 07:31:36 PM »
The failing New York Times has called Alabama for Jones.  Dems have shown their electoral mettle by defeating a child molester.  Just barely.
The universe is change; life is opinion.   Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Offline Jeffrey Smith

• Veteran member
    • Flickr photostream
« Reply #7502 on: December 12, 2017, 07:46:03 PM »
The failing New York Times has called Alabama for Jones.  Dems have shown their electoral mettle by defeating a child molester.  Just barely.

NBC is refusing to call it, with Jones ahead by about 14,000 votes and 95 percent of the votes counted.

Offline Todd

• Veteran member
« Reply #7503 on: December 12, 2017, 07:54:09 PM »
NBC is refusing to call it, with Jones ahead by about 14,000 votes and 95 percent of the votes counted.

If the final margin of victory is less than 0.5%, there will be an automatic recount from what I gather.  But the Alabama Supreme Court stayed a lower court ruling to preserve digital voting records.  It's all so wonderfully messy.  I'm happy Jones won; this narrows the Senate majority and may lead to less getting done.  Of course, I would have been happy had Moore won, too. 

Onward to November 2018!
The universe is change; life is opinion.   Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

Offline Pat B

• Veteran member
  • A=430
« Reply #7504 on: December 12, 2017, 10:37:01 PM »
Mitch McConnell and Jeb! have both called for Roy Moore to step down. That should be enough to propel Moore to victory, if any propulsion was necessary.

Oops. I was wrong!

Dems have shown their electoral mettle by defeating a child molester.  Just barely.

In a state that “grab them by the pussy” won by 28 points.

But I agree that this was a unique situation. Some R candidates are not child molesters, and most know not to say things like “even though we had slavery” out loud.

Offline zamyrabyrd

• Veteran member
  • selig sind
« Reply #7505 on: December 12, 2017, 11:14:57 PM »

And got a pro-abortionist, great swap!
Personally, I don't believe the very specious claims by those two women but CNN got its way!
"I write to discover what I know."
 ― Flannery O'Connor

Offline nodogen

• Veteran member
    • this just as this
  • Currently Listening to:
    Scriabin, often
A victory for hope. I hope.
this just as this

Offline Christo

• Veteran member
  • ... an opening of those magic casements ...
Personally, I don't believe the very specious claims by those two women but CNN got its way!

'Six women told The Washington Post that Moore pursued them in the late 1970s and early 1980s. Five were teenagers at the time, and one was 22. Moore, who denied misconduct but admitted to possibly dating high school girls, was in his early 30s at the time. One woman, Leigh Corfman, said she was 14 and Moore was 32 when he took her to his house, gave her alcohol and touched her sexually.'   https://www.washingtonpost.com/powerpost/voters-head-to-the-polls-in-contentious-senate-race-in-alabama/2017/12/11/26e36b56-deb7-11e7-8679-a9728984779c_story.html?pushid=5a30b060edb3621d000000ca&tidr=notifi_push_breaking-news&utm_term=.0059ee3e13ca
… music is not only an `entertainment’, nor a mere luxury, but a necessity of the spiritual if not of the physical life, an opening of those magic casements through which we can catch a glimpse of that country where ultimate reality will be found.    RVW, 1948

Offline 71 dB

• Veteran member
  • I free-think, therefore I am free
    • Soundcloud
And got a pro-abortionist, great swap!

Pro-abortionist is not a thing. It's pro-choice.
Pro-life people are pro-life until the child is born, after that they don't give a f**k and are ready to apply death penalty to the person some 20 years later. So, pro-life people are actually pro-misery.
Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page

Offline zamyrabyrd

• Veteran member
  • selig sind
Pro-abortionist is not a thing. It's pro-choice.
Pro-life people are pro-life until the child is born, after that they don't give a f**k and are ready to apply death penalty to the person some 20 years later. So, pro-life people are actually pro-misery.

Sure we can choose to do good or evil. This is called free will.
The real misery is behind the scenes of a grotesque billion dollar business, causing untold trauma.
A very small percentage of the 60 million in the US are from rape or life threatening danger to the mother.
Some women do, strange to report in such a narcissistic era, opt to give their lives for the unborn child.
This happened to a relative, albeit more than 50 years ago, a heroic lady.

"I write to discover what I know."
 ― Flannery O'Connor

Online k a rl h e nn i ng

• Veteran member
  • Et quid amabo nisi quod ænigma est?
    • Henningmusick
  • Currently Listening to:
    Shostakovich, Frescobaldi, Stravinsky, JS Bach, Liszt, Chopin, Haydn, Henning
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Buying Music From Amazon?
Please consider using these links. A small percentage of every sale using these links is passed on to GMG and helps keep this forum online.
Amazon US
Amazon Canada
Amazon UK