The Back Room > The Diner

Today's Purchases (Non-classical)

(1/673) > >>

MN Dave:
Post your non-classical music (book, magazine, garden tool, sex aid, etc.) purchases in this thread.

I bought FEAR AND LOATHING IN LAS VEGAS by Hunter S. Thompson on CD. And some other things I'll post later.

Brewski:

--- Quote from: MN Dave on February 07, 2008, 11:06:24 AM ---I bought FEAR AND LOATHING IN LAS VEGAS by Hunter S. Thompson on CD. And some other things I'll post later.

--- End quote ---

Dave, who is reading it, and is he/she a good match for the book?  Is there someone you might have preferred?  Just curious, since I notice the field of "recorded books" seems to be increasing, and there must be an art to matching up the material with an appropriate narrator. 

--Bruce

MN Dave:

--- Quote from: bhodges on February 07, 2008, 11:09:15 AM ---Dave, who is reading it, and is he/she a good match for the book?  Is there someone you might have preferred?  Just curious, since I notice the field of "recorded books" seems to be increasing, and there must be an art to matching up the material with an appropriate narrator. 

--Bruce

--- End quote ---

I just started, but the guy seems pretty fitting for the material. The box is in the vehicle so I have no idea who's reading.

MN Dave:
Okay, here's the rest--all hardcover books:

Non-fiction:

PIRATE WARS by Peter Earle
NO MAN IS AN ISLAND - Thomas Merton

Fiction:

A CONFEDERACY OF DUNCES - John Kennedy Toole

All purchased at Half-Price Books for a little over twenty bucks.

karlhenning:

--- Quote from: MN Dave on February 07, 2008, 11:15:20 AM ---I just started, but the guy seems pretty fitting for the material. The box is in the vehicle so I have no idea who's reading.

--- End quote ---

Please tell us it's Nathan Lane!  8)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version