The Back Room > The Diner

Today's Purchases (Non-classical)

<< < (324/490) > >>

Mirror Image:

--- Quote from: TheGSMoeller on May 19, 2012, 04:01:26 PM ---

Just bought original Alien on blue ray at target for $14.99.

--- End quote ---

Always a classic, Greg.

Mirror Image:
Bought last night:

I was looking through my Emerson, Lake, and Palmer collection and found these two omissions.

Gold Knight:

--- Quote from: Mirror Image on May 21, 2012, 06:46:02 AM ---Bought last night:

I was looking through my Emerson, Lake, and Palmer collection and found these two omissions.

--- End quote ---

@ John, Those are truly great albums. They are two of my all-time favorites from one of my favorite British prog rock group. Indeed, on their first American tour in the early Seventies, I saw them perform their first album and part of Tarkus live at Carnegie Hall; I am still blown away at the memory of Carl Palmer's outrageous drumming!

Mirror Image:

--- Quote from: Gold Knight on May 21, 2012, 07:31:11 PM ---@ John, Those are truly great albums. They are two of my all-time favorites from one of my favorite British prog rock group. Indeed, on their first American tour in the early Seventies, I saw them perform their first album and part of Tarkus live at Carnegie Hall; I am still blown away at the memory of Carl Palmer's outrageous drumming!

--- End quote ---

The idea of seeing them in their heyday sounds like a dream to me. They are, in my estimate, one of the finest trios in rock history. The only other trios that come close to their originality, in my opinion, are Rush and the Police. :)

Gold Knight:
 Quote from: Mirror Image on May 21, 2012, 07:35:24 PM
The idea of seeing them in their heyday sounds like a dream to me. They are, in my estimate, one of the finest trios in rock history. The only other trios that come close to their originality, in my opinion, are Rush and the Police. :)

--- End quote ---

John, You are so right! The memory of that ELP concert I will keep and cherish until the day I die.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version