The Back Room > The Diner

Today's Purchases (Non-classical)

<< < (324/601) > >>

Mirror Image:
Just bought:

My Dad owns all of ELP's recordings, but he doesn't own these newest remasters, so I've been buying them for myself. 8)

Gold Knight:
@ John, Those are two of their best, IMHO. At the Carnegie Hall concert cited by me earlier, I saw/heard them do the entire first album in its entirety {that's the bottom one in your picture}. I couldn't be more thrilled for you if this is your first go round with these albums! Please let me know what you think of them, especially the work Just Take a Pebble from the first album; seeing them doing it live, I still get goosebumps   remembering how very hauntingly beautiful and moving that performance was.

Gold Knight:
On order from Amazon:

Art Blakey and the Jazz Messengers

Mirror Image:

--- Quote from: Gold Knight on May 25, 2012, 02:07:48 PM ---@ John, Those are two of their best, IMHO. At the Carnegie Hall concert cited by me earlier, I saw/heard them do the entire first album in its entirety {that's the bottom one in your picture}. I couldn't be more thrilled for you if this is your first go round with these albums! Please let me know what you think of them, especially the work Just Take a Pebble from the first album; seeing them doing it live, I still get goosebumps   remembering how very hauntingly beautiful and moving that performance was.

--- End quote ---

Steve, again, I'm so envious of you! Seeing Brain Salad Surgery in it's entirety live would be an incredible experience. By the way, I've heard ALL of ELP's albums multiple times, but the ones I listened to the most are the ones I've bought: Tarkus, Brain Salad Surgery, Trilogy and their self-titled album. What self-respecting prog fan hasn't heard these albums?!?!? In the mid-90s, I used to put Brain Salad Surgery on loop many a night. 8)

71 dB:
Carly Simon - Live From Martha's Vineyard DVD

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version