Author Topic: J.S. Bach on the Organ  (Read 306091 times)

Offline Marc

• Veteran member
  • Sine Cerere et Bach friget Venus
Re: J.S. Bach on the Organ
« Reply #2540 on: November 05, 2017, 11:00:35 AM »
I think the Zerer recording in Kantens one of the best he ever recorded. I do not miss anything in his playing style, spiritually or on a technical level. I did my bit on this organ in Kantens, and it's a very difficult instrument to play on, and of course I do not get near to what Zerer delivers. So considering this, I think any criticism is a personal one, and not necessarily true for the rest of us.

Secondly the Hanssler box is a very viable option to acquire, first of all for the historic organs, and secondly for the quality of the organists.
I started with the first two discs of this set, and although I am not wholly impressed by Kay Johannsen, he nevertheless gets enough authority out of Bach's works to thoroughly enjoying them.
Plus the fact that it can be had for very little money.

Yes, any criticism is personal. I would not dare to claim otherwise.

And, in this particular case, I agree with your positive opinion about the Hänssler box. I like it, too, and I like Johanssen very much.
My criticism towards Martin Lücker is... a personal one. ;)
Help support the GMG Classical Music Forum by purchasing from Amazon using this link, this link, or this link

Buying Music From Amazon?
Please consider using these links. A small percentage of every sale using these links is passed on to GMG and helps keep this forum online.
Amazon US
Amazon Canada
Amazon UK