Author Topic: Xenakis's Xen  (Read 58602 times)

Offline jessop

• Veteran member
    • jessop's SoundCloud
Re: Xenakis's Xen
« Reply #680 on: June 18, 2017, 12:44:46 AM »
Xenakis loving babes do exist Snyprrr, believe me, I've seen them. We just have to break of a few relationships  ;)

It's true, I've known one but she didn't quite get the hints from me....I only wanted to be friends. Ended up cutting contact, thankfully.

Offline α |

• Veteran member
  • Variations of Armature Pianist and Arm Chair Paris
  • Currently Listening to:
    The sound of noise music
« Reply #681 on: June 18, 2017, 01:32:48 AM »
It's true, I've known one but she didn't quite get the hints from me....I only wanted to be friends. Ended up cutting contact, thankfully.

Oh yeah, I think I remember you saying  ???

Are you really that crazy???  :laugh:

The most self-referential, self-aware and self-deprecating user this website (and planet) has ever known. So much, that he fails at being able to insult his own intelligence

- Neil Asuolubaftaht
- Alien

Offline jessop

• Veteran member
    • jessop's SoundCloud
« Reply #682 on: June 18, 2017, 01:49:00 AM »
Oh yeah, I think I remember you saying  ???

Are you really that crazy???  :laugh:

Well i would rather not persist with a personality I'm not compatible with...... :P

Offline α |

• Veteran member
    The sound of noise music
« Reply #683 on: June 18, 2017, 01:52:53 AM »
Well i would rather not persist with a personality I'm not compatible with...... :P

Yes, I know what you mean. That kind of thing has happened to me before, though it hasn't been with woman (well girls back then) that I was really close to anyway. You just sort of move past that stuff and eventually meet someone more compatible at some point. I'm happily single at the moment though  8)  (I don't know how Uni students can sustain relationships, it beats me  :laugh: )
The most self-referential, self-aware and self-deprecating user this website (and planet) has ever known. So much, that he fails at being able to insult his own intelligence

- Neil Asuolubaftaht
- Alien

Offline snyprrr

• Veteran member
  • SQs, PQs, PQTs, PTs, VSs, Berlioz-Xenakis/Aperghis
    Things that are crisp and spritely vs. things that are thick and creamy
« Reply #684 on: June 18, 2017, 07:54:58 AM »

uh... so you're saying that IF there are actually XenakisBabes out there, they're batshit cray cray? :( That's kind of what I was thinking...

What out for the girl whose fav movie is 'Suspiria', too, lol!!

They're called 'Unicorns' for a reason guys... if you meet a girl who's down with all yer "funky guy shit", you may want to reach down and check to see if there are any... mm... "externals"...hangin around... dangling, I mean...

Met a Japanese lady last night whose husband just left her for an internet Philipino tranny... jus' sayin' :laugh:

girls + Xenakis = ???????????? (I just don't see it working)- I guess you're right, Neilster- if there is one, she's in a relationship with "Brad/Chad", and must be released by any means necessary, lol...

I keep saying- the one piece of music I have that has seen the biggest exchange of bodily fluids is the Feldman 'Piano & String Quartet',... sometimes they find it soothing, sometimes they find it creepy... it's fun when I noticed I've hit Play FOUR TIMES over the course!!!!

Playing Schubert Trios ENRAGED one woman :P
Rat Poison is 99% Good Food, so Follow the Money

Haydn-Sikh

Offline jessop

• Veteran member
    • jessop's SoundCloud
« Reply #685 on: June 18, 2017, 10:51:09 PM »
Well I will find out if the woman with whom I am in love also enjoys the music of Iannis Xenakis

I remain hopeful. She once spent three whole days listening to nothing but Ligeti, particularly the middle period orchestral works and the etudes.

Offline α |

• Veteran member
    The sound of noise music
« Reply #686 on: June 21, 2017, 01:13:05 AM »
Well I will find out if the woman with whom I am in love also enjoys the music of Iannis Xenakis

I remain hopeful. She once spent three whole days listening to nothing but Ligeti, particularly the middle period orchestral works and the etudes.

Wait is that (won't say screen-name), that you said about ages ago? glad you two are still going well  :)

If she like (Ligeti and) Bartok too? she does right?  :-X then Xenakis won't be too much of a stretch  ;)

- Neil Asuolubaftaht
- Alien

Offline α |

• Veteran member
    The sound of noise music
« Reply #687 on: June 21, 2017, 01:16:43 AM »
uh... so you're saying that IF there are actually XenakisBabes out there, they're batshit cray cray? :( That's kind of what I was thinking...

Two goods for the price of one?  ;)

But no, Beethoven fangirls are ***ing off their heads overdosing on methadone, avoid them.  :-[
What happened to your crackwhores?  :-\

- Neil Asuolubaftaht
- Alien

Offline jessop

• Veteran member
    • jessop's SoundCloud
« Reply #688 on: June 21, 2017, 02:20:30 AM »
Wait is that (won't say screen-name), that you said about ages ago? glad you two are still going well  :)

If she like (Ligeti and) Bartok too? she does right?  :-X then Xenakis won't be too much of a stretch  ;)

Same one, yes. I don't recall I have ever spoken to her about Bartok.

Highly likely that ginger (that was her screen name :laugh: ) likes Xenakis too anyway!
« Last Edit: June 21, 2017, 02:22:41 AM by jessop »

Offline snyprrr

• Veteran member
  • SQs, PQs, PQTs, PTs, VSs, Berlioz-Xenakis/Aperghis
    Things that are crisp and spritely vs. things that are thick and creamy
« Reply #689 on: June 21, 2017, 07:19:24 AM »
What happened to your crackwhores?  :-\

They were like, "I deserve better!"

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Rat Poison is 99% Good Food, so Follow the Money

Haydn-Sikh

Offline α |

• Veteran member
    The sound of noise music
« Reply #690 on: June 23, 2017, 04:14:58 AM »
I keep saying- the one piece of music I have that has seen the biggest exchange of bodily fluids is the Feldman 'Piano & String Quartet',... sometimes they find it soothing, sometimes they find it creepy... it's fun when I noticed I've hit Play FOUR TIMES over the course!!!!

See, it happens to both of us  :'(   The opening chord is one of "my chords"  ;)

Some girl that loves Xenakis, will one day probably stumble across this thread. So for future reference:

Thanks for being here unknown girl of the future, please stick around. You will probably marry a future future composer who will bring you many years of joy and loud, deafening noise. If you happen to be single, there's plenty of popcorn and abstract scifi films to go around, pay us a visit sometime, it's on the house!  8)

- Neil Asuolubaftaht
- Alien

Offline α |

• Veteran member
    The sound of noise music
« Reply #691 on: June 24, 2017, 04:06:47 PM »
Palimpsest is the single piece I'm currently in love with right now. THE go-to chamber-ensemble piano concerto, it's hard to forget. He quotes a few things here (including the sieve from Synaphai). Once again like Thallein for example, it's literally a miniaturized orchestra. The crazy reductions he managed to do in the ST/$ series, he manages to also miraculously fill such a large space with...like 12 people  :o

- Neil Asuolubaftaht
- Alien

Buying Music From Amazon?
Please consider using these links. A small percentage of every sale using these links is passed on to GMG and helps keep this forum online.
Amazon US
Amazon Canada
Amazon UK