Author Topic: What are you eating?  (Read 322457 times)

Offline Sergeant Rock

• Veteran member
Re: What are you eating?
« Reply #4060 on: June 04, 2017, 11:33:49 AM »
On this long holiday weekend (Pentecost), Mrs. Rock assumed cooking duties, and excelled. Last night (Saturday) she made Vietnamese summer rolls with two fillings (chicken and shrimp). Tonight she made a lobster pasta with white asparagus tips and fresh basil. We drank Champagne, a premier cru blanc de blancs (100% chardonnay) from the boutique producer Gimonnet-Henry.

« Last Edit: June 04, 2017, 11:48:20 AM by Sergeant Rock »
the phone rings and somebody says,
"hey, they made a movie about
Mahler, you ought to go see it.
he was as f*cked-up as you are."
                               --Charles Bukowski, "Mahler"

Offline NikF

• Veteran member
Re: What are you eating?
« Reply #4061 on: June 10, 2017, 03:07:11 AM »
On this long holiday weekend (Pentecost), Mrs. Rock assumed cooking duties, and excelled. Last night (Saturday) she made Vietnamese summer rolls with two fillings (chicken and shrimp). Tonight she made a lobster pasta with white asparagus tips and fresh basil. We drank Champagne, a premier cru blanc de blancs (100% chardonnay) from the boutique producer Gimonnet-Henry.

Looks great as usual - but the 'lobster pasta with white asparagus tips and fresh basil' sounds especially cool. I hope Mrs. Rock and yourself enjoyed it all. :)

Today I went to the market as it was just opening. Since returning I've spent the morning preparing some of the 5kg/11lbs of chicken breast I bought into meals for the coming week. Nothing exotic, just simple high protein meals I can augment with a variety of carbs and salads on the day.
The sight of her in a blue gingham dress could break your heart, but the way she looked out of the dress could make the same heart explode.

Buying Music From Amazon?
Please consider using these links. A small percentage of every sale using these links is passed on to GMG and helps keep this forum online.
Amazon US
Amazon Canada
Amazon UK