Author Topic: What are you eating?  (Read 431756 times)

Offline Bonehelm

• Veteran member
  • Little Yu
Re: What are you eating?
« Reply #280 on: June 27, 2007, 04:22:58 PM »
Where's this feast taking place?

HKSAR. Where I was born. But I live in Vancouver, Canada.  :)

Offline toledobass

• Veteran member
« Reply #281 on: June 27, 2007, 04:50:17 PM »
Looks delicious B.

What's in the small bowl on the right?  I thought at first that they might be chicken feet but I can't really place it when I take a better look.

I ate at a Thai place called O'gingers this past week.  It was our first time there and I've have been meaning to post what was on the front cover of the menu.  It's a list of various things they offer and The Mrs. and I had a good laugh over the first listing.  Pic quality isn't that great but I think it can be made out:

:o ;D

Allan

Offline Bogey

• Veteran member
« Reply #282 on: June 27, 2007, 05:33:28 PM »
Looks delicious B.

What's in the small bowl on the right?  I thought at first that they might be chicken feet but I can't really place it when I take a better look.

I ate at a Thai place called O'gingers this past week.  It was our first time there and I've have been meaning to post what was on the front cover of the menu.  It's a list of various things they offer and The Mrs. and I had a good laugh over the first listing.  Pic quality isn't that great but I think it can be made out:

Allan

This is what happens to those that read liner notes!  ;) :D
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

Offline orbital

• Veteran member
« Reply #283 on: June 27, 2007, 06:06:10 PM »
Indian  >:D
Tandoori vegetables (broccoli, cauliflowers, onions, peppers, paneer), baby eggplants with marsala and yogurt, spinach with chickpeas, 2 types of naan (plain and potato filled). Rasmalai for dessert.

Offline Bonehelm

• Veteran member
  • Little Yu
« Reply #284 on: June 27, 2007, 07:34:41 PM »
Looks delicious B.

What's in the small bowl on the right?  I thought at first that they might be chicken feet but I can't really place it when I take a better look.

I ate at a Thai place called O'gingers this past week.  It was our first time there and I've have been meaning to post what was on the front cover of the menu.  It's a list of various things they offer and The Mrs. and I had a good laugh over the first listing.  Pic quality isn't that great but I think it can be made out:

Allan

It's not chicken leg. It's pork :) It's gumsaquat in Cantonese.  8)

Mozart

« Reply #285 on: June 27, 2007, 08:09:49 PM »
I haven't had much of an appetite for a few days now. I ate a bowl of cereal and felt completely stuffed. And yesterday almost the same, I had a small plate of pasta and some cereal and felt stuffed and not hungry for the rest of the day.

Offline SonicMan46

• Veteran member
« Reply #286 on: June 28, 2007, 03:33:12 AM »
Looks delicious B.

Allan - just curious, how are they prepared?  ;) :D ;D  Dave

George

« Reply #287 on: June 28, 2007, 04:31:01 AM »
Indian  >:D
Tandoori vegetables (broccoli, cauliflowers, onions, peppers, paneer), baby eggplants with marsala and yogurt, spinach with chickpeas, 2 types of naan (plain and potato filled). Rasmalai for dessert.

Mmmmmm

For lunch yesterday:

Papadam
Chana Saag
Basmati Rice
Naan Bread
Salad

and lots of Tamarind!  :D

The Mad Hatter

« Reply #288 on: June 28, 2007, 08:19:48 AM »
Beefsteak in tomato chilli sauce stir-fried.

Offline Bonehelm

• Veteran member
  • Little Yu
« Reply #289 on: June 28, 2007, 09:26:31 AM »
Beefsteak in tomato chilli sauce stir-fried.

Add some Tabasco!  ;)

Offline Papy Oli

• Veteran member
« Reply #290 on: June 28, 2007, 09:55:50 AM »
Strawberries and ice creams... again....   0:)
Olivier

Offline orbital

• Veteran member
« Reply #291 on: June 28, 2007, 10:33:23 AM »

(Banana Walnut Muffin)
 +

George

« Reply #292 on: June 28, 2007, 11:12:08 AM »
Jasmine Rice

Organic Almonds

:)

Kullervo

« Reply #293 on: June 28, 2007, 07:44:56 PM »
Southern-style fried yellow squash & onions.  8)

mahlertitan

« Reply #294 on: June 28, 2007, 11:14:10 PM »
these taste great

Kullervo

« Reply #295 on: June 29, 2007, 12:52:01 PM »
these taste great

Mmm... I grew up on those. Add a little mayonnaise — tasty!

Offline Bogey

• Veteran member
« Reply #296 on: June 29, 2007, 01:17:17 PM »
Hit Panera Bread for their:

Asiago Roast Beef
Oven-roasted beef, smoked cheddar, lettuce, tomatoes, red onions & creamy horseradish sauce, on our Asiago Cheese Demi.

and on the side:

Greek Salad
Romaine lettuce, vine-ripened tomatoes, feta cheese, peperoncini, red onions, Kalamata olives, pepper & our Greek dressing

« Last Edit: June 29, 2007, 01:19:54 PM by Bogey »
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

George

« Reply #297 on: June 29, 2007, 01:20:14 PM »
Hit Panera Bread for their:

Asiago Roast Beef
Oven-roasted beef, smoked cheddar, lettuce, tomatoes, red onions & creamy horseradish sauce, on our Asiago Cheese Demi.

and on the side:

Greek Salad
Romaine lettuce, vine-ripened tomatoes, feta cheese, peperoncini, red onions, Kalamata olives, pepper & our Greek dressing

Sounds delicious Bill!  Nice way to kick off the weekend. :)

(minus the beef of course)  ;)

I'm off in about 20 minutes to get some macrobiotic dinner with my girlfriend.  :)

Offline Bogey

• Veteran member
« Reply #298 on: June 29, 2007, 01:24:52 PM »
Mmmmmm

For lunch yesterday:

Papadam
Chana Saag
Basmati Rice
Naan Bread

Salad-Ha!  I know this one!  Well, then again, maybe not.

and lots of Tamarind:D

Sounds delicious Bill!  Nice way to kick off the weekend. :)

(minus the beef of course)  ;)

I'm off in about 20 minutes to get some macrobiotic dinner with my girlfriend.  :)

George,
I wish I ate as healthy as you, but in the long run I would starve because I would have to "google" everything that you have on your menu just to figure out what I am going to be eating!  :D

George

« Reply #299 on: June 29, 2007, 01:28:54 PM »
George,
I wish I ate as healthy as you, but in the long run I would starve because I would have to "google" everything that you have on your menu just to figure out what I am going to be eating!  :D

It wasn't an easy transition Bill, in fact there are many who eat healthier. I just try to do my best. Plus I feel better, that's actually my biggest motivator.

Luckily I have found a great many things that are good for me and I enjoy.  :)