Author Topic: Henning's Headquarters  (Read 472419 times)

Offline k a rl h e nn i ng

• Veteran member
  • Et quid amabo nisi quod ænigma est?
    • Henningmusick
  • Currently Listening to:
    Shostakovich, Frescobaldi, Stravinsky, JS Bach, Liszt, Chopin, Haydn, Henning
Re: Henning's Headquarters
« Reply #7100 on: September 13, 2018, 02:46:20 AM »
One of the musically interesting things about Jack, who sang in choirs and choruses from his teen years, is that (when his voice broke, that is) he started out as a bass, but his range migrated up.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

• Veteran member
    • Henningmusick
« Reply #7101 on: September 17, 2018, 12:46:00 AM »
Well, Triad are kind of regrouping.  We've lost more members than the normal annual attrition, did not make up those losses in the auditions, we've considered changing rehearsals from weekly on Monday evenings to a series of weekend "rehearsal-retreats," but it looks like we need to reconsider the November program.  Emergency meeting tonight.  Not truly a dire emergency, but a matter of enough importance that I eschewed scare-quotes.  Will report.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

• Veteran member
    • Henningmusick
« Reply #7102 on: September 17, 2018, 05:29:30 AM »
Oh, and this is super trippy.  Something which (a) I thought was somehow lost (via various hard drives going phut of the years) forever, and yet (b) which in the back of my mind I thought I would never miss, has resurfaced:  the symphonic band arrangement of the Egyptian Dance from White Nights.  Found it in an obscure directory from some long-ago migration.  And my heart is all a-flutter, because I am planning to go to a rehearsal for the Charles River Wind Ensemble tomorrow night.

This can be no coincidence . . . .
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA

Offline Cato

• Veteran member
  • An American Hero!
« Reply #7103 on: September 17, 2018, 04:35:32 PM »
Oh, and this is super trippy.  Something which (a) I thought was somehow lost (via various hard drives going phut of the years) forever, and yet (b) which in the back of my mind I thought I would never miss, has resurfaced:  the symphonic band arrangement of the Egyptian Dance from White Nights.  Found it in an obscure directory from some long-ago migration.  And my heart is all a-flutter, because I am planning to go to a rehearsal for the Charles River Wind Ensemble tomorrow night.

This can be no coincidence . . . .

Randomness is at the heart of the order of the universe!
COWBOY (sitting down to a poker game for the first time): "Is this a game of chance?!"

- W. C. FIELDS  (as Cuthbert Twillie): "Uhh, not the way I play it, no." in  My Little Chickadee.

Don't Like These Ads? Become a GMG Subscriber!
For as little as 14 cents per day, subscribers get no advertising on the forum, a larger Inbox for your PM's, and a warm glow of knowing you are supporting the forum. All this and a groovy Subscriber badge too!
Click here to read more.