Author Topic: Ravel's Rotunda  (Read 30980 times)

Online aleazk

• My stuff
Re: Ravel's Rotunda
« Reply #260 on: May 24, 2018, 09:52:31 PM »
I'm reading Roger Nichols' "Ravel", which is a very detailed biography of the composer. Just check this, it's priceless (about the pieces on the Mallarmé poems):

Offline Madiel

• Veteran member
    • A musical diary
  • Currently Listening to:
    Whatever's listed in my blog.
« Reply #261 on: May 25, 2018, 04:02:10 AM »
I’m sure it delighted the composer. :)

It did.
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

Offline kyjo

• Veteran member
  • Kurt Atterberg (1887-1974)
« Reply #262 on: June 04, 2018, 06:49:06 AM »
Just found out I'll be playing the Piano Trio (on cello) at a chamber music festival I'm attending this summer! I'm quite thrilled to have the opportunity to really get inside one of my very favorite chamber works, to say the least. :)
"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" - Sergei Rachmaninoff

Baron Scarpia

« Reply #263 on: June 04, 2018, 12:42:37 PM »
Just found out I'll be playing the Piano Trio (on cello) at a chamber music festival I'm attending this summer! I'm quite thrilled to have the opportunity to really get inside one of my very favorite chamber works, to say the least. :)

The Piano trio is truly one of Ravel's magical creations.

Online aleazk

• My stuff
« Reply #264 on: June 05, 2018, 02:24:20 AM »

Wow, you have my admiration if you can play such a virtuoso piece, and one of my favorites as well. Good luck!  :)

Offline kyjo

• Veteran member
  • Kurt Atterberg (1887-1974)
« Reply #265 on: June 05, 2018, 04:56:15 AM »
Wow, you have my admiration if you can play such a virtuoso piece, and one of my favorites as well. Good luck!  :)

Thanks - I shall attempt! ;D It will be a challenge, no doubt! Now to begin practicing...
"Music is enough for a lifetime, but a lifetime is not enough for music" - Sergei Rachmaninoff