Do I 'Will' My Music Library to A GMGer?

Started by snyprrr, April 30, 2018, 06:53:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

snyprrr

Quote from: Baron Scarpia on May 16, 2018, 09:12:47 AM
I've gone from feeling sorry for him to being envious...
[/quo

Now get back to cataloging!! (whip, whip)

ShineyMcShineShine

It's funny that not one person here has offered to take OP up on his offer. Apparently we're all in the same position.

Mookalafalas

Quote from: ShineyMcShineShine on May 28, 2018, 05:49:33 PM
It's funny that not one person here has offered to take OP up on his offer. Apparently we're all in the same position.

Receive another whole collection in addition to my own ??? God forbid.
It's all good...

Mirror Image

Quote from: Mookalafalas on May 29, 2018, 05:32:13 PM
Receive another whole collection in addition to my own ??? God forbid.

Yeah, definitely not something I'd want either. I have enough of my own already. I do pity the person who has to deal with CD collection, though. :)

NikF

Quote from: Mirror Image on May 29, 2018, 07:36:35 PM
Yeah, definitely not something I'd want either. I have enough of my own already. I do pity the person who has to deal with CD collection, though. :)

:o And I had you down as recipient of my Ed Bickert CDs...  ;D
"You overestimate my power of attraction," he told her. "No, I don't," she replied sharply, "and neither do you".

Mirror Image

Quote from: NikF on May 29, 2018, 08:04:28 PM
:o And I had you down as recipient of my Ed Bickert CDs...  ;D

Well, damn... :P

Baron Scarpia

I donated my LP collection to the sanitation department. They didn't gripe at all.

I'm collecting a pile of CDs that were made redundant when I got various box sets. At some point I will take it to the used book/record shop and see if they are interested. Otherwise, sanitation department.

aligreto

Quote from: ShineyMcShineShine on May 28, 2018, 05:49:33 PM

I have no idea of the age profile of our snyprrr but I take the poster as a bright young thing [intended compliment]. Therefore, in the greater scheme of things, I will have long departed this orb long before snyprrr does and my own family will have enough to deal with in terms of my own collection. Otherwise I would gratefully receive any additions to my burgeoning collection  ;D

Monsieur Croche

No.  You leave all that to your surviving family and friends to sort out, because, you know, you want to really stick it to those you left behind :-)
~ I'm all for personal expression; it just has to express something to me. ~

Mookalafalas

Quote from: Monsieur Croche on June 02, 2018, 10:37:28 PM
No.  You leave all that to your surviving family and friends to sort out, because, you know, you want to really stick it to those you left behind :-)
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  Maybe it's because I just had a small "tea time" vodka, but that one really got me. I initially thought you were going to use even stronger words at the end "stick it to those *&%$@# you left behind." Anyway, thanks for a good snort (after my good snort).
It's all good...

Judith

I am wanting to sell my pop music collection as went off it a few years ago and now they are gathering dust.

Won't listen to it now!

RebLem

Quote from: Baron Scarpia on May 30, 2018, 08:18:54 AM
I donated my LP collection to the sanitation department. They didn't gripe at all.

I'm collecting a pile of CDs that were made redundant when I got various box sets. At some point I will take it to the used book/record shop and see if they are interested. Otherwise, sanitation department.
Don't do that.  Donate them to your local public library.
"Don't drink and drive; you might spill it."--J. Eugene Baker, aka my late father.

mourningdoves

Quote from: RebLem on June 03, 2018, 10:33:41 PM
Don't do that.  Donate them to your local public library.

What he said. Library book sales are a significant fundraiser, at least around here, and my observation - utterly lacking scientific methodology, of course - is that your classical CDs will get snarfed up pretty quickly. It's Paula Abdul and the Backstreet Boys who will be left to linger and rot. It's a good deal all around.

flyingdutchman