The Music Room > Classical Music for Beginners

Timpani

(1/7) > >>

Mozart:
How hard is it to play the timpani? I would love my life if my job was being a timpanist. Almost no one would know what the hell that was! Also what do musicians get paid on average?

mahlertitan:

--- Quote from: Mozart on May 20, 2007, 08:09:15 PM ---How hard is it to play the timpani? I would love my life if my job was being a timpanist. Almost no one would know what the hell that was! Also what do musicians get paid on average?

--- End quote ---

I would imagine that you need years of training, for it is a far more difficult instrument than the violin, or the piano.

why don't you take an easier instrument, say, the cowbell?

12tone.:
Cowbells don't cool your friends the same way an instrument like this does. 

pjme:

--- Quote from: Mozart on May 20, 2007, 08:09:15 PM ---How hard is it to play the timpani? I would love my life if my job was being a timpanist. Almost no one would know what the hell that was! Also what do musicians get paid on average?

--- End quote ---

TAKE THE SCORES OF / ALL Mahler symphonies, Stravinsky's rite of spring, Varèse's Amériques and Arcana, all Beethoven, Brahms and Bruckner symphonies, most Haydn and Mozart symphonies, all orchestral works by Martinu, Honegger, roy Harris, William Schuman,Chostakovitch and Gubaidulina,add a few studies for timpani solo by Elliott Carter, a few percussion concertos , study the difference between baroque timpani, classical and contemporary timpani .....You may need a teacher.
I wish you good luck!!

Black Knight:

--- Quote from: 12tone. on May 20, 2007, 10:37:47 PM ---Cowbells don't cool your friends the same way an instrument like this does. 

--- End quote ---

A plumming flute?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version