Should I post my purchases or not.

Started by Harry, May 21, 2007, 01:39:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry Rinkel

Quote from: Harry on May 22, 2007, 09:39:20 AM
I was wondering why than you visit this forum, if only slightly interested in what we have to say, let alone which things we buy!

Do you even listen to what people are saying to you? You asked for a straight answer to your question, and I gave you a straight answer. I am interested in people who have something to say. Not in people who just compile lists or boast about their endless acquisitiveness. For an example of a thread where people have something to say, I refer you to the following:

http://www.good-music-guide.com/community/index.php/topic,992.0.html

karlhenning

George

Perhaps this is why we have less arguing/fighting these days.

We have less discussion threads and more list threads.  :-\

Harry

Quote from: Larry Rinkel on May 22, 2007, 10:00:28 AM
Do you even listen to what people are saying to you?
http://www.good-music-guide.com/community/index.php/topic,992.0.html

Use this tone for your own family, my friend and leave me out of it.
And I could ask you the same question?, are you even listening what other people have to say to you?
In the year that I have bothered to read your postings, I found nothing interesting at all.

Larry Rinkel

Quote from: Harry on May 22, 2007, 10:10:17 AM
Use this tone for your own family, my friend and leave me out of it.
And I could ask you the same question?, are you even listening what other people have to say to you?
In the year that I have bothered to read your postings, I found nothing interesting at all.

I'll talk to you however I wish. If you have a problem with my behavior, refer it to a moderator.

I post less now to these forums than I used to 3-4 years ago. Anyone who has read some of my writings from then knows the kind of substance I contributed. I'm sure Luke Ottevanger and Bruce Hodges (a moderator) will support me on that score.

springrite

Quote from: Harry on May 22, 2007, 10:10:17 AM

Larry is one of the few posters here whose posts I would never want to miss.

...and I like seeing Harry's CD covers, too.

(I really should run for political office...)

Harry

Quote from: Larry Rinkel on May 22, 2007, 10:17:27 AM
I'll talk to you however I wish. If you have a problem with my behavior, refer it to a moderator.

I post less now to these forums than I used to 3-4 years ago. Anyone who has read some of my writings from then knows the kind of substance I contributed. I'm sure Luke Ottevanger and Bruce Hodges (a moderator) will support me on that score.

I do not need any supporting or name a few that would.
Whatever you wrote, manners are not part of your interior.

Harry

Quote from: James on May 22, 2007, 10:22:43 AM
er, nothing wrong with harry (or anyone here) posting what he's/they've purchased but perhaps it could be limited to a single thread devoted to just that?  i dont think we need individual members each with their own purchases thread...sort of redundant....and with regards to posting/sharing lists, like favorites etc. what the hell & why not...that can be fun...

Ask George and he will explain why he created this thread James.

Harry

Well I think the question of posting or not is answered in the affirmative, so there is no need to continue this thread.
Thank you all for your fine contributions, but before this takes a direction that is not intended, I close herewith this thread.

uffeviking

There already is a thread, second on top of the category, why not continue there?

Harry

I closed this thread Lis, and it is not nice of you posting again in it.
And why do you resent my having my own thread.
Karl did explain why didn't he?

uffeviking

And what if everybody wants their own thread?  Other members might be purchasing huge lots of CDs but prefer not to publish them. I still am of the opinion that the thread at the top is sufficient to accommodate the lists of all purchases by everybody. ???

And this is my opinion - if it were not, I wouldn't express it! - I am not speaking in my capacity as moderator.  :)

Harry

Quote from: uffeviking on May 22, 2007, 02:19:54 PM
And what if everybody wants their own thread?  Other members might be purchasing huge lots of CDs but prefer not to publish them. I still am of the opinion that the thread at the top is sufficient to accommodate the lists of all purchases by everybody. ???

And this is my opinion - if it were not, I wouldn't express it! - I am not speaking in my capacity as moderator.  :)

Right my love, I will block the thread next time with my postings, and send the people that protest to you.
And you used the tool to unlock the thread, so that is in the moderator mode!

And remember I did not ask for a seperate thread, so kindly adress your complaints to the one who did.