Should I post my purchases or not.

Started by Harry, May 21, 2007, 01:39:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mahlertitan

Choo Choo

Harry,

Keep posting.  I've bought a number of items which I first saw in one of your lists, I didn't know about it, so researched it and thought I'd try it.  E.g. I "discovered" Krenek this way.  Which was certainly a positive.  So please carry on.  It's working for me.

Harry

Quote from: Choo Choo on May 22, 2007, 01:40:59 AM
Harry,

Keep posting.  I've bought a number of items which I first saw in one of your lists, I didn't know about it, so researched it and thought I'd try it.  E.g. I "discovered" Krenek this way.  Which was certainly a positive.  So please carry on.  It's working for me.

Thanks, then I will certainly do that! :)

Maciek

I have a great idea! In order to preserve Rob's bandwidth, why don't we all simply stop posting anything at all on GMG? That way he can simply pull down the dead forum and keep his hard earned cash. What do you say? And no, you don't even need to answer! Simply stop posting here and never return again if you agree (remember - just reading the forum takes up bandwidth too!). Hooray, we're all saved! I'm sure Rob will be so grateful - he surely must be annoyed out of his wits with all those people posting on GMG, while they could be out in the sun, getting a real life.

karlhenning

You can't fool me, Maciek:  you're being ironic, aren't you?

George

Quote from: MrOsa on May 22, 2007, 04:11:19 AM
I have a great idea! In order to preserve Rob's bandwidth, why don't we all simply stop posting anything at all on GMG? That way he can simply pull down the dead forum and keep his hard earned cash. What do you say? And no, you don't even need to answer! Simply stop posting here and never return again if you agree (remember - just reading the forum takes up bandwidth too!). Hooray, we're all saved! I'm sure Rob will be so grateful - he surely must be annoyed out of his wits with all those people posting on GMG, while they could be out in the sun, getting a real life.

On with the steam roll.....

$:)

Harry

Well I steamrolled away................
Nice George ;D

karlhenning

Set your mind at rest, he's gonna be / Our Steamroller . . . .

Maciek

Quote from: karlhenning on May 22, 2007, 04:13:24 AM
You can't fool me, Maciek:  you're being ironic, aren't you?

Well, if I told you I was it would become explicit so it wouldn't be irony anymore.

So I'm going to keep you guessing... ;)

marvinbrown

Quote from: Harry on May 21, 2007, 01:39:06 PM
I feel that the opinion is mixed!
I have a straight question, and please honour me with a straight answer.
Do you wish me to post the images or not?
If not, I will stop doing that from now on.

Of course you should keep posting the images Harry  :) !!!

marvin

DavidW

People who don't like your cover parade can simply not look at that thread, that's what I do.  Anyone that sends you angry pm's about this trivial issue you should ignore because they must not be right in the head, to get so bent out of shape about something that they can easily ignore.

mahlertitan

i think showing off your purchases is great.

Larry Rinkel

Quote from: Harry on May 21, 2007, 01:39:06 PM
I feel that the opinion is mixed!
I have a straight question, and please honour me with a straight answer.
Do you wish me to post the images or not?
If not, I will stop doing that from now on.

No, you should not. It's tacky.

I would be interested in your insights into music, but not in a record of your acquisitions.

dtwilbanks

Quote from: Larry Rinkel on May 22, 2007, 07:40:46 AM
No, you should not. It's tacky.

I would be interested in your insights into music, but not in a record of your acquisitions.

I bet Larry doesn't care what we're listening to either. ;)

Larry Rinkel

Quote from: dtwilbanks on May 22, 2007, 07:44:43 AM
I bet Larry doesn't care what we're listening to either. ;)

Not enormously, unless you have something interesting to say about what you're listening. Lists of things you've bought, lists of your ten favorite triangle players or your fifteen and 1/2 favorite symphonies written between 1847 and 1852, lists of what is on your CD player right now - these things interest me very little if at all.

dtwilbanks

Quote from: Larry Rinkel on May 22, 2007, 07:55:02 AM
Not enormously, unless you have something interesting to say about what you're listening. Lists of things you've bought, lists of your ten favorite triangle players or your fifteen and 1/2 favorite symphonies written between 1847 and 1852, lists of what is on your CD player right now - these things interest me very little if at all.

And, you know, you may have a point.

Que

Listings as such are not that interesting. Although I occasionally see things on the Purchases thread I didn't know the existence of and catch my eye.
But these posts provide an opportunity for further personal exchange: why did you choose that recording?, how do you like it?, where did you get it?, what other recordings do you know of the work?, etc. etc. And I'm interested in what music/recordings occupies some posters I have personal contact with.

And is it tacky? Well, if one assumes that people are posting their purchases just to show off, it would be.

Q

Harry

I was wondering why than you visit this forum, if only slightly interested in what we have to say, let alone which things we buy!

Don

Quote from: Harry on May 22, 2007, 09:39:20 AM
I was wondering why than you visit this forum, if only slightly interested in what we have to say, let alone which things we buy!

Some folks just don't care for list making.  That's the way it is on 22 May.

Florestan

Every kind of music is good, except the boring kind. — Rossini