The Music Room > General Classical Music Discussion

Classical Music Blogs or Personal Webpages

<< < (59/59)

k a rl h e nn i ng:
Nathalie Stutzmann named new music director of the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra

Mirror Image:

--- Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on October 13, 2021, 07:44:03 AM ---Nathalie Stutzmann named new music director of the Atlanta Symphony Orchestra

--- End quote ---

Quite interesting! I still have high hopes for the ASO. Hopefully, she is given the kind of prominence that Yoel Levi was given in the past. This orchestra needed some new blood disparately as Spano's tenure with the orchestra was, in my view, unexciting. I make no bones about the ASO being in a current state of stagnation. Anyway, this is good news for a change.

k a rl h e nn i ng:

--- Quote from: Mirror Image on October 13, 2021, 07:51:09 AM ---Quite interesting! I still have high hopes for the ASO. Hopefully, she is given the kind of prominence that Yoel Levi was given in the past. This orchestra needed some new blood disparately as Spano's tenure with the orchestra was, in my view, unexciting. I make no bones about the ASO being in a current state of stagnation. Anyway, this is good news for a change.

--- End quote ---

As an outsider, I did feel a bit like the orchestra was marking time with Spano. I didn't find his guest turn with the BSO much of anything.

k a rl h e nn i ng:
I studied with Judith when I was at UVa:

Pretorious:
I would love to share my blog with all of you. You can find the link in my signature and profile. Here’s an article I wrote on the history of LvB’s string quartets that I am particularly proud of. Comments and opinions welcome.

https://codeandcoda.wordpress.com/2015/10/15/beethovens-string-quartets-an-introduction-and-history/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version