HOLY S**T, its amazing what a weekend full of rap music does to you!

Started by Stonemason, May 22, 2007, 10:30:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stonemason

Now I'm stuck in a day long listening marathon of Mahler, Shostakovich, Brahms, Bach, and Beethoven! With no end in sight!

oyasumi

That was your first post. Did you register just to say this?

71 dB

Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page <-- NEW Jan. 2024 "Harpeggiator"

Stonemason

Er, no, I was a member at the previous board under a different name. And I've been lurking for a month or so.

I should mention that I was listening to said rap music against my will.

I felt so happy to be listening to classical I had to tell people that understood!

MishaK

Quote from: Stonemason on May 22, 2007, 03:07:21 PM
Er, no, I was a member at the previous board under a different name. And I've been lurking for a month or so.

What was the previous name?

Bogey

Ah! A possible remedy for my Mahler challenge.  So if I listen for an entire weekend of nothing but rap music, then I might begin to appreciate Mahler as well? ;D
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

hornteacher

Quote from: Bogey on May 22, 2007, 04:04:30 PM
Ah! A possible remedy for my Mahler challenge.  So if I listen for an entire weekend of nothing but rap music, then I might begin to appreciate Mahler as well? ;D

BRILLIANT!   I'm trying that.  8)

Bogey

Quote from: hornteacher on May 22, 2007, 04:11:20 PM
BRILLIANT!   I'm trying that.  8)

;D Maybe a Mahler support group would be order for the two of us....any others out there in need of assistance?
Anyone want to take on the role of facilitator?
There will never be another era like the Golden Age of Hollywood.  We didn't know how to blow up buildings then so we had no choice but to tell great stories with great characters.-Ben Mankiewicz

Szykneij

To change the subject a little, is it really proper to call it Rap Music? I think not. It should be called just "Rap", because musical elements aren't neccesary to it and aren't always present. When Rap is combined with a lot of music, you end up with Hip Hop. At least that's the opinion of a 51-year-old white man who knows far more Rap than he should thanks to his 13-year old son.
Men profess to be lovers of music, but for the most part they give no evidence in their opinions and lives that they have heard it.  ~ Henry David Thoreau

Don't pray when it rains if you don't pray when the sun shines. ~ Satchel Paige