special notation in Finale?

Started by mikkeljs, December 24, 2008, 03:26:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mikkeljs

I´m writing my 3rd piano concerto at the moment, and it contains some few graphic things as drawings together with the notes. It also have 6 layers of theise small note types that fills no time space but appears between two neighbor notes, and they are written with the traditional line across its top, so the 6 layers means, that some notes gets two lines across and others 6 lines - the notes that comes before the notes that comes before the notes that comes before the notes that comes before the notes that comes before the notes that comes before the actual notes.  ;D
And then I would also try to write something for choir with normal notes inside a bar with the lenght of 0 (zero), together with a single small type note in the piano, so the choir part is like zooming into the space.
I will also write some single notes, whose articulation should express the numbers 4,5,6,9,15 and 17 at once, by stabling accents, tenutos, different staccato and other things above. Do you think I can have two or more accents on the same note in finale?

Mikkel 

Mark G. Simon

You can put as many articulation marks on one note as you want. You will probably have to drag them into place so that they're not all sitting on top of one another, but you can do it.

mikkeljs

Quote from: Mark G. Simon on December 24, 2008, 04:34:27 AM
You can put as many articulation marks on one note as you want. You will probably have to drag them into place so that they're not all sitting on top of one another, but you can do it.

Thanks! I will try it.  :) Do you have any idea if I can draw graphic things into it? Or maybe combine it with another program like paint or simply by scanning something?

Mark G. Simon

Finale's graphics tool is kind of crude, but if you're patient you can draw your own special notational symbols. You can also import graphics created in other programs, which I think would be the better option.