aquariuswb's new toy (Yamaha Clavinova)

Started by aquablob, January 13, 2009, 03:41:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

aquablob

Quote from: Joe_Campbell on February 22, 2009, 01:28:29 PM
Fabulous playing! Btw, I like the comment by house215 on your Chopin Op. 10 No. 3. ;D

Thanks... house215 is actually a friend who thinks he is funny (and he is funny).

Joe_Campbell

Btw, you consider yourself a hobbyist? How long have you been playing? I also suspect that, giving the appropriate time and effort, you could become quite accomplished! (of course, providing you had a more inspirational instrument to play on).

this is not to suggest that you aren't accomplished, but that you could certainly take things a lot further if you wanted

aquablob

Quote from: Joe_Campbell on February 22, 2009, 02:14:30 PM
this is not to suggest that you aren't accomplished, but that you could certainly take things a lot further if you wanted

(I took it as a compliment — thank you!)

I've been playing since I was a wee-one, so the "technical stuff" comes relatively easy; but I've never studied seriously enough to play at a level one could call masterful, and I've long since accepted that I'll probably never play at that level—not that I've stopped improving or attempting actively to do so, by any means! A wonderful hobby, really, and one that I share with my spouse! :)