buying from amazon.de

Started by OzRadio, January 13, 2009, 06:05:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OzRadio

I've never ordered overseas before so forgive a possibly silly question. I'm looking at a couple Brilliant sets on amazon.de, which are notably cheaper than the U.S. amazon. Would the sets I receive be in English or does Brilliant sell German language sets there? As in the box labels and content listings?

Novi

OzRadio, I haven't bought from amazon.de, but have bought my Brilliant sets from another German seller, jpc.de. I've had a look and they are all in English - labels, listings, and booklets.

It might be worth taking a look at jpc, as I've found them to be very good value for larger orders as they have a flat delivery fee, whereas as I recall, amazon.de has hefty charges.

Hope that helps.
Durch alle Töne tönet
Im bunten Erdentraum
Ein leiser Ton gezogen
Für den der heimlich lauschet.

Bulldog

Quote from: Novi on January 14, 2009, 05:04:42 AM
OzRadio, I haven't bought from amazon.de, but have bought my Brilliant sets from another German seller, jpc.de. I've had a look and they are all in English - labels, listings, and booklets.

Consider yourself lucky if the cheap and sloppy Brilliant gives you a booklet.

71 dB

I'm having a lame experience with Amazon.de. Previously they had free shipping for many items if you buy for 39 euros or more, but they increased the requirement to 99 euros (probably because of the Ukraine war induced inflation). May 7th I made a big order of 6 CDs (non-classical music) and one Blu-ray totalling about 108 euros to get free shipping. One of the CDs of the order was pre-order released May 19th.

Amazon did nothing before that one CD was released! They didn't send me any of the products. When the CD got released, I got an email from them about my payment: It was declined!! Of course I got a miniature heart attack thinking criminals have tried to use my credit card and my bank has de-activated it! So I go to my online bank. My credit card is okay. That's good! Next I went to Amazon.de to see the order and they asks me to renew my payment. I do it and the problem gets solved.

I can see them dividing my order into three packages each containing 2-3 items. Why didn't they sent even one package immediately after ordering? I don't understand! Six out of the seven items were listed "IN STOCK". A couple of days later they sent me the first package. A few days later the second and now they have finally sent them all. They say I am getting them all in May 31st. That's like 3 weeks after ordering! Typically I get orders from Germany in a week. It is almost as if Amazon.de tried to deliver this order as slowly as possible! They acted so slow my credit card payment expired and I had to renew it!

For me it is unbelievable that Americans get their Amazon.com orders delivered next day! For me it is one week minimum and now three weeks from central Europe to Finland! LAME!!!!
Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page <-- NEW Jan. 2024 "Harpeggiator"

JBS

Quote from: 71 dB on May 27, 2023, 03:40:59 AMI'm having a lame experience with Amazon.de. Previously they had free shipping for many items if you buy for 39 euros or more, but they increased the requirement to 99 euros (probably because of the Ukraine war induced inflation). May 7th I made a big order of 6 CDs (non-classical music) and one Blu-ray totalling about 108 euros to get free shipping. One of the CDs of the order was pre-order released May 19th.

Amazon did nothing before that one CD was released! They didn't send me any of the products. When the CD got released, I got an email from them about my payment: It was declined!! Of course I got a miniature heart attack thinking criminals have tried to use my credit card and my bank has de-activated it! So I go to my online bank. My credit card is okay. That's good! Next I went to Amazon.de to see the order and they asks me to renew my payment. I do it and the problem gets solved.

I can see them dividing my order into three packages each containing 2-3 items. Why didn't they sent even one package immediately after ordering? I don't understand! Six out of the seven items were listed "IN STOCK". A couple of days later they sent me the first package. A few days later the second and now they have finally sent them all. They say I am getting them all in May 31st. That's like 3 weeks after ordering! Typically I get orders from Germany in a week. It is almost as if Amazon.de tried to deliver this order as slowly as possible! They acted so slow my credit card payment expired and I had to renew it!

For me it is unbelievable that Americans get their Amazon.com orders delivered next day! For me it is one week minimum and now three weeks from central Europe to Finland! LAME!!!!

One day delivery is for Prime members. I'm not a Prime member, so it takes roughly a week when I order from Amazon US.

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

ritter

The ways of Amazon are inscrutable.

Yesterday, I ordered the new Robert Craft "Complete Columbia Album Collection" set from Amazon France, as it was much  cheaper there than on any of the other European Amazon sites, even if you added shipping (I'm a prime member of Amazon.es, not of any other of the sites). Delivery was set for Wednesday May 31st, and it has just been delivered to my home a moment ago (i.e., 4 days earlier than expected, and less than 24 hours after I placed my order). Obviously, the set I got was already in Spain, and has not come from France at all. Curiously, the price for the set in the Spanish site has dropped significantly since last night (but still remains above what I paid yesterday including shipping).

71 dB

Quote from: JBS on May 27, 2023, 06:44:22 AMOne day delivery is for Prime members. I'm not a Prime member, so it takes roughly a week when I order from Amazon US.

Oh, I see. Now I feel less "discriminated" for living in Finland.  :D
Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page <-- NEW Jan. 2024 "Harpeggiator"

vandermolen

In pre-Brexit days I purchased stuff from Amazon de without any problems.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).