What TV series are you currently watching?

Started by Wakefield, April 26, 2015, 06:16:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drogulus

Quote from: Iota on March 16, 2024, 11:55:44 AMSorry to hear it. Hope it turns up within grabbing distance sometime soon, it's well worth anybody's time I'd say.

It was in grabbing distance almost immediately, hence Ican'tfinditanywhereohokhereitis. I got outvoted is all.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:123.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/123.0

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/115.0

drogulus

I'm watching 3 Body Problem. I agree with the critics about the unrealistic depiction of the young scientists as a version of the teenagers in a slasher film. Nevertheless, the story is intriguing enough to keep me watching one more episode late at night than I intended.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:123.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/123.0

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/115.0

Karl Henning

Quote from: Roy Bland on March 01, 2024, 05:41:48 PM
Just starting on this. Very different (not surprisingly) to the A&E series 30 years later.
Very interesting note: Only seven of the 14 episodes are credited as being based upon Stout stories. All episodes were set in contemporary New York City.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

Karl Henning

Quote from: Karl Henning on March 26, 2024, 08:43:41 AMJust starting on this. Very different (not surprisingly) to the A&E series 30 years later.
Very interesting note: Only seven of the 14 episodes are credited as being based upon Stout stories. All episodes were set in contemporary New York City.
It so falls out that the first two items are also stories presented by the Timothy Hutton/Maury Chaykin series: "The Doorbell Rang" and "The Golden Spiders." I'm keen not to fall into any disappointment that Wm Conrad and Lee Horsley are not the duo I am accustomed to, and I'm allowing myself an acculturation curve to appreciate the virtues of the latter pairing. That said, I do miss Archie being a clothes hound, as Hutton creates him. I'm enjoying the distinct emphases and alternate "screenplay solutions" in the 1981 show. At this point, I think there is only one remaining Stout story which both series adapted: "Before I Die." I do like the music from the later series much better. In the 1981 show, the music has an overpowering "Murder, She Wrote" vibe, which is not helping me in my quest to look past the Mannix-level production values. I'm enjoying the trip overall.
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot