The AFL / Aussie Rules Thread

Started by Papy Oli, April 01, 2021, 02:34:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holden

Quote from: Papy Oli on March 16, 2024, 12:35:51 AMCome on Cats!!  8)

And they're 14 points ahead at the moment. The Suns have made a good start against the Crows and the Giants have smashed the Kangaroos.

As for Collingwood.... what a shower of shite! I won't back them again this season.
Cheers

Holden

Papy Oli

Quote from: Holden on March 16, 2024, 01:41:29 AMAnd they're 14 points ahead at the moment. The Suns have made a good start against the Crows and the Giants have smashed the Kangaroos.

As for Collingwood.... what a shower of shite! I won't back them again this season.

Very scrappy playing by the Cats, lots of handling errors. The Saints have more fluidity in their counter-attacks and handballs. What saved us is some good defending by Stewart, De Koning, etc. Geelong turned it around in Q2 by some better constructed attacked and some good runs and kicks by Jezza Cameron and Oliver Dempsey.

Olivier

Papy Oli

Quote from: Holden on March 16, 2024, 01:41:29 AMAs for Collingwood.... what a shower of shite! I won't back them again this season.

As holding premiers, everybody will be out to get them this season. It won't be a walk in the park.

it was horrible for us, 2023 was just a long hangover  :laugh:   
Olivier

Papy Oli

Side point: great to see a full Kardinia Park at last with the new stand fully done  8) 
Olivier

Papy Oli

Fudge me....

Kilda came back within 1 point with 2 min to go.

Dangerfield makes a mark on the 50m line. Hits it, looks like going behind and curves back in for goal right at the end in the last min.

I am knackered  :laugh:

and I have 3 Rugby games to follow today, including Le Crunch this evening ???  :laugh:   
Olivier

Papy Oli

3 in the row for the Crows.

Hardwick has that seething face on of the bad Richmond days  :laugh:   

(and that's with GC 20 up :P )
Olivier

Papy Oli

5 in a row...

ADE back within 8 points of GC with 3 min to go.

Hardwich has gone up from seething to extremely disappointed   ;D
Olivier

Papy Oli

2 behinds.

6 points in it.

1 min to go.

You ok, @Holden  ?
Olivier

Papy Oli

and a failed mark on the 50's line for the Crows just seconds from the siren...

blimey!!

Olivier

Holden

Last season we would probably have coughed that one up so a big plus to see them hold on.

Dangerfield to the rescue for the Cats.
Cheers

Holden

Papy Oli

Caught up with the Cats' game 2-3 hours later. A good win by 20. Should have been much closer if the crows hadn't missed some clear goal chances and other poor kicking for marks. Geelong played a patient and solid game and manage to disrupt and slow down their attacks enough to hold them back at the siren. Not flamboyant but a serious game and four more points on the ladder.
Olivier

Papy Oli

I don't know what was in the Aussie water this weekend but blimey, what a bunch of cracking games...!!!

I watched three games on catch-up this weekend (without looking up any scores !!). That was a blast as a "neutral". Brisbane held on a long while against Collingwood until it drifted away. Port v Dees was a cracking tense game, as was Richmond edging it against the Swans.

No wonder you guys are keeping quiet about the betting outcomes...  :laugh:

I then checked the score of Bombers-Saints. What a timeline, flippin' heck !! I just watched their Q4 , because why not.  8)

5.20am kickoff for the Cats tomorrow. I don't think so. That will have to be a catch up as well on Tuesday as won't have time tomorrow.
Olivier

Madiel

Sigh. Don't tell me the games were great, I failed to watch any of them.  :laugh:

I'm spending too much time trying to plan my European journey to pay attention to Australia!

I'm not in the office tipping competition this year because I'll miss half the season anyway.
I am now working on a discography of the works of Vagn Holmboe. Please visit and also contribute!

Papy Oli

Quote from: Madiel on April 01, 2024, 04:40:36 AMSigh. Don't tell me the games were great, I failed to watch any of them.  :laugh:

I'm spending too much time trying to plan my European journey to pay attention to Australia!

I'm not in the office tipping competition this year because I'll miss half the season anyway.

That's a good enough excuse I guess. Shame, I enjoyed your tipping ups and downs  :laugh:

Up early enough to catch some of the Geelong game, before hitting the road. Switched on at the end of Q3 to find the game suspended for nearby lightning for 50 min  ::)

Managed to just about squeeze Q4 in before leaving. I'll watch the full game tomorrow.

Three for nought will do nicely. Good way to celebrate the Tomahawk's 350th.  8)

Dogs next.
Olivier

Holden

There will be some low scores on the tipping sheets this week that's for sure. I"ll find out today when I go into my local to check.
Cheers

Holden

Papy Oli

Geelong eventually pulled away strongly in the horrendous weather last weekend at Brisbane. Top of the table is of course a great start but it'll be a clearer picture in a month's time once we've met other teams in form : Carlton, the  Dees, GWS, Suns and Swans.

A tough month ahead.

Caught up with pies v bombers Anzac day game. A great hard fought draw, only one behind for each team in the last 12 minutes!!

Olivier

Papy Oli

A quirky thing happened yesterday in the Richmond v Melbourne game.

A Melbourne player unexpectedly kicked into play after a Richmond behind, but not from the square in front of his goal posts, he did it from behind his goal line...thereby giving the Tigers another behind.

Not one I had seen before.

Needless to say he kicked the next play from the right position!!

;D
Olivier