Pictures I like

Started by oyasumi, April 14, 2007, 07:56:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pohjolas Daughter

Found these nature photos to be quite striking:  https://www.bbc.com/news/in-pictures-68215592

PD

brewski

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on February 07, 2024, 04:27:41 AMFound these nature photos to be quite striking:  https://www.bbc.com/news/in-pictures-68215592

PD

How nice, to be able to fall asleep on a block of ice. ;D I'm a cold-weather guy, but haven't quite gotten to that point yet.

-Bruce
"I set down a beautiful chord on paper—and suddenly it rusts."
—Alfred Schnittke (1934-1998)

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: brewski on February 07, 2024, 07:32:02 AMHow nice, to be able to fall asleep on a block of ice. ;D I'm a cold-weather guy, but haven't quite gotten to that point yet.

-Bruce
Well, if you had fur for skin...

I had mixed feelings looking at that picture--part of me was thinking "Aw, sweet!" and another part of me was thinking of all of the ice melting that has been going on over our recent time on this planet.   :(

The other photos (if you scroll down) were amazing too [Wonder what the turtle was thinking?].

PD

brewski

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on February 07, 2024, 08:26:22 AMWell, if you had fur for skin...

I had mixed feelings looking at that picture--part of me was thinking "Aw, sweet!" and another part of me was thinking of all of the ice melting that has been going on over our recent time on this planet.  :(

The other photos (if you scroll down) were amazing too [Wonder what the turtle was thinking?].

PD

Yes, a little sad, from that point of view.

Caption for the turtle pic: "If you think I'm just going to sit here while you walk all over my face, you are mistaken."  ;D

-Bruce
"I set down a beautiful chord on paper—and suddenly it rusts."
—Alfred Schnittke (1934-1998)

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: brewski on February 07, 2024, 06:37:32 PMYes, a little sad, from that point of view.

Caption for the turtle pic: "If you think I'm just going to sit here while you walk all over my face, you are mistaken."  ;D

-Bruce
:laugh:  ;D

PD

George

"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

Brian

A local news headline:

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: Brian on February 15, 2024, 06:12:38 AMA local news headline:
Are they the result of interbreeding between a bald eagle and a goose?

PD

p.s.  But seriously, I am glad that their numbers are on the rise.  :)

SimonNZ

"You Go, I Go, Pruitt Igoe!"

Todd

Coffee Shop Pic.jpg
The universe is change; life is opinion. - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

People would rather believe than know - E.O. Wilson

Propaganda death ensemble - Tom Araya

George

"I can't live without music, because music is life." - Yvonne Lefébure

Todd

Spotted at a salon in Chehalis this morning. 

Truth.jpg
The universe is change; life is opinion. - Marcus Aurelius, Meditations

People would rather believe than know - E.O. Wilson

Propaganda death ensemble - Tom Araya