Author Topic: The Boris Johnson thread.  (Read 151773 times)

Offline Iota

• Veteran member
Re: The Boris Johnson thread.
« Reply #720 on: June 27, 2022, 11:01:07 AM »
Difficult to know as he's hiding away out of the country. Next it will be President Zelensky at the Tory Party Conference.

A crazy cynic might wonder if Boris is trying to do something of a 'Thatcher', for whom the Falklands war was arguably something of a saviour of her premiership, which had got off to a shaky start. With Boris, not in a position to declare his own war, hoping that association with the Ukraine conflict in a kind of rallying role, might have a similar effect on his career. Those crazy cynics ..  ::)

Offline vandermolen

• Veteran member
« Reply #721 on: June 27, 2022, 11:34:57 AM »
A crazy cynic might wonder if Boris is trying to do something of a 'Thatcher', for whom the Falklands war was arguably something of a saviour of her premiership, which had got off to a shaky start. With Boris, not in a position to declare his own war, hoping that association with the Ukraine conflict in a kind of rallying role, might have a similar effect on his career. Those crazy cynics ..  ::)
I'm sure that you are absolutely right about this. Johnson is trying to bathe in the reflected glory of Zelensky. Johnson's only aim, as far as I can see, is to maintain himself in power.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Offline The new erato

• Veteran member
« Reply #722 on: June 27, 2022, 07:16:59 PM »
I'm sure that you are absolutely right about this. Johnson is trying to bathe in the reflected glory of Zelensky. Johnson's only aim, as far as I can see, is to maintain himself in power.
Same as ever, then.

Offline Mandryka

• Veteran member
« Reply #723 on: Today at 08:16:23 AM »
I think today is the beginning of the end of Boris.
Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darĂ¼ber muss man schweigen

Offline Roasted Swan

• Veteran member
« Reply #724 on: Today at 08:34:35 AM »
Health Secretary and Chancellor have both just resigned from the Government as they no longer have any trust in the Prime Minister.......