Arrrr....the hotpants!

Started by Häuschen, February 20, 2009, 10:54:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Häuschen

Well, Ahoy had already been used.  I'm a long time lurker who finally summoned the courage to register.  I think it was the Furtwangler thread that inspired me, so tonight it has to be that comfy old blanket:

Que

Welcome! :)

Anything on location or musical preferences? (Yes, we are a curious bunch.. 8))

Q

Häuschen

Well, it's hard to nail it down to specifics but I do have a special affinity for Mahler, Berg, Schoenberg, Webern, Ives and tenuous tonal centers.  I also love Baude Cordier, Gesualdo, Messiaen, Takemitsu, and later composers like Morton Feldman, Earle Brown, Franco Evangelisti, Giacinto Scelsi.  Oh dear.

Benji

Another new member listing Scelsi as a fave. Is that a requirement for joining these days? Rob must be getting really strict lately.  ;D

Welcome! Great to have you on board.

Hollywood

Greetings from Vienna, Austria, Häuschen. Welcome to the forum.  8)

Whereabouts are you located in SoCal. Just curious since I am a native SoCal gal myself.
"There are far worse things awaiting man than death."

A Hollywood born SoCal gal living in Beethoven's Heiligenstadt (Vienna, Austria).

Häuschen

Thank you, Hollywood.  I'm in Sherman Oaks, although I wish I was holed up in a komponierhäuschen in Maiernigg!  I would like to vacation in Vienna in the next couple years to see Olbrich's Secession Building, some of Loos' buildings, Mahler's grave, and about a million more places.

sul G

Quote from: Häuschen on February 21, 2009, 04:12:15 PM
Well, it's hard to nail it down to specifics but I do have a special affinity for Mahler, Berg, Schoenberg, Webern, Ives and tenuous tonal centers.  I also love Baude Cordier, Gesualdo, Messiaen, Takemitsu, and later composers like Morton Feldman, Earle Brown, Franco Evangelisti, Giacinto Scelsi.  Oh dear.

Nice list! I can go along with all of that very happily! Interesting to see Baude Cordier there - presumably, then, the ars subtilior is right up your alley, and as such, you join a select bunch of people with extraordinarily good taste  ;) ;D

Hollywood

Quote from: Häuschen on February 21, 2009, 11:20:39 PM
Thank you, Hollywood.  I'm in Sherman Oaks, although I wish I was holed up in a komponierhäuschen in Maiernigg!  I would like to vacation in Vienna in the next couple years to see Olbrich's Secession Building, some of Loos' buildings, Mahler's grave, and about a million more places.

I used to live in Sherman Oaks when I was working as a pharmacy tech. at Northridge Hospital. Small world indeed!  ;D
"There are far worse things awaiting man than death."

A Hollywood born SoCal gal living in Beethoven's Heiligenstadt (Vienna, Austria).

Bulldog

Quote from: Häuschen on February 21, 2009, 04:12:15 PM
Well, it's hard to nail it down to specifics but I do have a special affinity for Mahler, Berg, Schoenberg, Webern, Ives and tenuous tonal centers. 

"Tenuous tonal centers" - I like that description.

Diletante

Welcome to the site, Häuschen! :)
Orgullosamente diletante.

david johnson