CDs for sale on Amazon Marketplace

Started by jwinter, March 05, 2009, 12:05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jwinter

Since a few folks have now asked me, I'll throw out that my Amazon marketplace account is bchill@yahoo.com.  Currently I have some stereo Rubinstein Chopin CDs listed, and some DG Karajan.  Shoot me a PM if interested, prices are negotiable.  :)  If there's interest, I'll update this thread whenever I add new stuff.

And yeah, I know I'm gouging on a few OOP items, but that's capitalism for ya.   ;D  I'd be willing to rip an MP3 if anyone here really needs something, of course.
The man that hath no music in himself,
Nor is not moved with concord of sweet sounds,
Is fit for treasons, stratagems, and spoils.
The motions of his spirit are dull as night,
And his affections dark as Erebus.
Let no such man be trusted.

-- William Shakespeare, The Merchant of Venice

George

I'd like to see more selling and trading here at GMG. I realize it's been slow, but it seems to a mostly unused resource here. 

Thanks for the heads up, j!

George

Quote from: jwinter on March 05, 2009, 12:05:18 PM
Since a few folks have now asked me, I'll throw out that my Amazon marketplace account is bchill@yahoo.com.  Currently I have some stereo Rubinstein Chopin CDs listed, and some DG Karajan.  Shoot me a PM if interested, prices are negotiable.  :)  If there's interest, I'll update this thread whenever I add new stuff.

And yeah, I know I'm gouging on a couple of OOP items, but that's capitalism for ya.   ;D  I'd be willing to rip an MP3 if anyone here needs something, of course.

Here's a link to jwinter's amazon store

jwinter

Thanks, George!

Oh, and in my own defense, for the prices that make your jaw drop, I want it noted that I'm actually still the lowest seller!  :o  Somebody actually had it priced higher than that, believe it or not. 

For example, I like my CD of George Szell doing the Moldau.  It's spiffy, and I have no particular desire to part with it.  But if somebody wants to pay $75 for the pleasure of hearing it, who am I to stand in their way?  ;D   Particularly since I picked it up used for three bucks?  ;D ;D  And I can rip it to FLAC before I send it?  ;D ;D ;D

Realizing I'm not doing my own bottom line any good, but I'm not trying to cheat my good friends here at GMG.

Perfect strangers, on the other hand...   ;D ;D ;D ;D

Que

Quote from: jwinter on March 05, 2009, 12:33:13 PM
For example, I like my CD of George Szell doing the Moldau.  It's spiffy, and I have no particular desire to part with it.  But if somebody wants to pay $75 for the pleasure of hearing it, who am I to stand in their way?  ;D   Particularly since I picked it up used for three bucks?  ;D ;D  And I can rip it to FLAC before I send it?  ;D ;D ;D

Will be interesting to see who would buy this used at ten times the original price (new).... ::)

Q

jwinter

I agree -- I just figured, if somebody's gonna make a pile, it might as well be me ;D

There is reasonably priced stuff if your scroll down -- the Rubinstein and Karajan stuff is what I actually expect to sell   ;)

nut-job

Just because someone has listed the CD at a stratospheric price doesn't mean anyone will pay it.  Often I list a CD which someone else has priced through the roof.  I list it for 1/10 the price, only to find no buyers.  If you want the CD to sell in a reasonable time you may find it necessary to make the price more reasonable.

jwinter

100 % agreed.  The ones I have listed for really high prices are ones that I don't have any particular need to sell -- honestly, I'm just curious to see if anyone actually bites.  Like you, I rather doubt it.  But ya never know...

Jay F

That set of Karajan Beethoven Symphonies has a nice price. It's the '70s recordings.

71 dB

Quote from: George on March 05, 2009, 12:12:33 PM
Here's a link to jwinter's amazon store

I use Amazon.com marketplace very rarely because of the high shipping cost ($6.89 = 5.44€) compared to Amazon.co.uk (£1.79 = 2.01€). Sometimes lower item pricing compensates this but it happens very rarely.
Spatial distortion is a serious problem deteriorating headphone listening.
Crossfeeders reduce spatial distortion and make the sound more natural
and less tiresome in headphone listening.

My Sound Cloud page <-- NEW Jan. 2024 "Harpeggiator"

jwinter

FYI, in the past few days I've sold the Karajan Bruckner, Brahms, & Tchaikovsky -- cleared over $65 for those, so that big Karajan box is now paid for with money to spare.  I love Amazon!  ;D

George

Quote from: jwinter on March 14, 2009, 03:51:32 PM
FYI, in the past few days I've sold the Karajan Bruckner, Brahms, & Tchaikovsky -- cleared over $65 for those, so that big Karajan box is now paid for with money to spare.  I love Amazon!  ;D

Nice, J!  8)