The Cat Thread

Started by John Copeland, February 27, 2009, 06:30:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dundonnell

Quote from: John on May 22, 2009, 04:18:30 PM
I have a new Woots.  ;D  ;D
It is a wee kitten, and is seen here in a furious rage trying to maul the carpet.  This Woots is very fond of me, and I of it.

Splendid, John :)

Lots of happy times and warm, loving companionship ahead :)

Dundonnell

This was intended to be a photo of my cd collection but my elderly cat(and a pair of boots) got in the way :)

John Copeland

Quote from: Dundonnell on May 22, 2009, 04:30:42 PM
This was intended to be a photo of my cd collection but my elderly cat(and a pair of boots) got in the way :)

Looks like your boots and woots are friends.  Shame we didn't get a close up of the CD's so we could all scritinise it for which performances you have, etc   :o  ;)

snyprrr

I like my cats extremely fat, 22-25lbs., or over. However, overfeeding induced diabetes can be expensive.

Dundonnell

Quote from: snyprrr on May 22, 2009, 04:49:40 PM
I like my cats extremely fat, 22-25lbs., or over. However, overfeeding induced diabetes can be expensive.

IF this is a reference to my cat in the photograph...I should just point out that she is NOT as fat as she appears to be!

She is 15 and a half years old, is not overfed but has always been a house cat(I live in an apartment/flat) and does not, therefore, get outside.

John: these photographs will not help you, unfortunately.

Josquin des Prez

^ If you have a cat in the house you may want to reconsider that layout. Indeed, she's probably plotting something as we speak. Your CDs aren't safe man.

Dundonnell

Quote from: Josquin des Prez on May 22, 2009, 05:10:38 PM
^ If you have a cat in the house you may want to reconsider that layout. Indeed, she's probably plotting something as we speak. Your CDs aren't safe man.

;D ;D

I think that she is too old now to be jumping up anywhere :) She and the cd collection have co-existed happily for a long time now :)

But..I do take your point about needing more shelving ;D

DFO

And when a cat wants to show that he despised you, he does this:

John Copeland

My Woots...a very silly thing indeed.  :)

John Copeland

Quote from: Dundonnell on May 22, 2009, 04:59:01 PM
IF this is a reference to my cat in the photograph...I should just point out that she is NOT as fat as she appears to be!

She is 15 and a half years old, is not overfed but has always been a house cat(I live in an apartment/flat) and does not, therefore, get outside.

They do not help me in a CD espionage caper, but they do provide valuable insight as to how your music is organised, how large a part it plays in your life, how you have an interest in art which extends to English classics, your ability to adapt listening pleasure between analogue, digital and other formats, where the CD's are (CD's which are still under review or used most frequently) and where the CD's are which can only be reached by ladder (most infrequently played), and the photos reveal that you are able to crouch comfortably when rummaging your CD's which have yet to be classified, or yet to be arranged in some way.

Renfield

Quote from: John on May 23, 2009, 08:14:17 AM
They do not help me in a CD espionage caper, but they do provide valuable insight as to how your music is organised, how large a part it plays in your life, how you have an interest in art which extends to English classics, your ability to adapt listening pleasure between analogue, digital and other formats, where the CD's are (CD's which are still under review or used most frequently) and where the CD's are which can only be reached by ladder (most infrequently played), and the photos reveal that you are able to crouch comfortably when rummaging your CD's which have yet to be classified, or yet to be arranged in some way.

Well observed, agent J! ;)

John Copeland

Quote from: Renfield on May 23, 2009, 08:55:36 AM
Well observed, agent J! ;)

Thank you Emissary R, a fuller report will be issued when I get the forensics from Tayside Police, including a full list of what Colin listens to by using an UHD (Ultra High Definition) device to probe the photographs, and what his cat has been eating for it to live so long.

Dundonnell

Good grief...I am speechless :o

So much analysis and deduction from two photographs! :)

Well, John, you are correct in almost all of your conclusions :) The only one which is awry is that the cds I listen to less frequently are the ones most inaccessibly placed. My collection is arranged in strictly alphabetical order by composer. Thus the first cd on the top shelf left of the alcove is Komei Abe's Symphony No.1(Naxos). The alcove contains all composers from Abe to Alfred Hill. With Paul Hindemith onwards the cds are stored in the wooden towers and the shelves. Unfortunately, from Richard Strauss onwards the cds have outgrown my existing shelving and are therefore piled up on top. Vaughan Williams cds make up one entire pile ;D Oh....the total number of cds-as of today-is 2629.

I know that I need more shelves but I have been putting that off until the room is re-decorated(which will be done....?) :)

And...since this thread is supposed to be about Cats ;D.......that is another smashing photo of your new 'Woots' :)

knight66

DavidW: Yeah Mike doesn't get angry, he gets even.
I wasted time: and time wasted me.

vandermolen

Now I understand what 'woots' means! What a beautiful kitten - I wish you (John) much fun with him (her?) Your analysis from Colin's CD collection sounds as perceptive as the one you did from my books, caught in the backround of the photo of my own nearly 15 year old woots, Charlie.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

John Copeland

The Woots is a male.  He is growing up, and can now tear my arm clean off...

vandermolen

Quote from: John on June 27, 2009, 09:01:17 AM
The Woots is a male.  He is growing up, and can now tear my arm clean off...

That is one savage cat. Are you sure that he is a cat ('woots') and not a panther?
;D
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

John Copeland

Quote from: vandermolen on June 27, 2009, 11:18:47 AM
That is one savage cat. Are you sure that he is a cat ('woots') and not a panther?
;D

;D He's a savage woots alright.  I totally love the wee thing.
I have applied for him to join the 'Wooteez' which as you know is the military branch of feline life.  He sports the right stripes and is likely to make his mark in frontline fighting, protecting the perimeter of the back yard.
This will give him access to (talking of Panthers) Panther Tanks, Tooth Extenders and the latest technology in Sharp Claw routines.
I'll keep reporting from time to time on his debriefing from the backyard frontline... ;)

Joe Barron

Classic Creature Comforts short on dogs v. cats. I love this series.

Joe Barron

Quote from: Dundonnell on May 22, 2009, 04:59:01 PM

My gosh, and I was feeling guilty about too many CDs!