Author Topic: The Cat Thread  (Read 50663 times)

Online foxandpeng

• Veteran member
  • Currently Listening to:
    Mostly post-1900. Brits. Northern Europeans. Others.
Re: The Cat Thread
« Reply #400 on: March 23, 2022, 02:54:08 PM »
How old is she and what is her personality like Fox?

PD

She's lovely, really  Can be a little diffident at times, but she's a cat, I guess. Broadly, she's extremely friendly, particularly during work video calls   
“A quiet secluded life in the country, with the possibility of being useful to people ... then work which one hopes may be of some use; then rest, nature, books, music, love for one's neighbour — such is my idea of happiness"

Tolstoy

Offline Rosalba

classical music
Music is Magic.

Offline Pohjolas Daughter

• Veteran member
« Reply #403 on: April 28, 2022, 04:30:48 AM »
I wonder whether or not the kitty might end up missing his recent owners and end up finding its way back to the prison?  Hope all ends well.

PD

Offline Rosalba

classical music
« Reply #404 on: May 07, 2022, 12:39:51 AM »
We've had four cats. None of them did we buy for ourselves. Two black and whites we adopted when their owners, our friends, moved to a small urban house. Later, we took a tabby off a friend's hands because she had a small baby who needed all their attention.

But the last and best, a black kitten who stayed with us for thirteen years, we found miaowing up a tree - whether lost or abandoned, we never discovered. We made lots of inquiries before we decided that he was ours.

I always think black cats are the friendliest of all the colours - not just ours, but black cats in the street etc always seem very friendly.
Music is Magic.

Offline LKB

• Veteran member
    something between my ears
« Reply #405 on: May 07, 2022, 06:28:41 AM »
We've had four cats. None of them did we buy for ourselves. Two black and whites we adopted when their owners, our friends, moved to a small urban house. Later, we took a tabby off a friend's hands because she had a small baby who needed all their attention.

But the last and best, a black kitten who stayed with us for thirteen years, we found miaowing up a tree - whether lost or abandoned, we never discovered. We made lots of inquiries before we decided that he was ours we were his.

I always think black cats are the friendliest of all the colours - not just ours, but black cats in the street etc always seem very friendly.

Fixed that for you.  ;)
Mit Flügeln, die ich mir errungen...

Offline drogulus

• Veteran member
  • Gypsy, 1970
« Reply #406 on: May 12, 2022, 02:18:02 PM »

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:100.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/100.0

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:68.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/68.0 Waterfox/56.6.2022.04

Offline vandermolen

• Veteran member
« Reply #407 on: July 30, 2022, 09:51:48 PM »
Whilst we have been away on holiday my daughter and her husband stayed in our house to look after our cat and water the garden. They sent this photo to show how traumatised the cat had been by our absence.  ::)
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

• Veteran member
« Reply #408 on: August 04, 2022, 03:48:06 AM »
Whilst we have been away on holiday my daughter and her husband stayed in our house to look after our cat and water the garden. They sent this photo to show how traumatised the cat had been by our absence.  ::)

:laugh:  Alas, most cats would be more traumatized should their owner take them out of their home (familiar environment) to bring them along with them (or boarded them elsewhere).

This (below) made me smile:

PD

Offline vandermolen

• Veteran member
« Reply #409 on: August 05, 2022, 02:17:51 AM »
:laugh:  Alas, most cats would be more traumatized should their owner take them out of their home (familiar environment) to bring them along with them (or boarded them elsewhere).

This (below) made me smile:

PD
Very nice PD.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Offline geralmar

« Reply #410 on: August 05, 2022, 09:56:35 PM »

'Punkin, our sweet tempered rescue cat from an elderly gentleman about to move in with his unsympathetic kids.  For some reason, instead of meowing when she wants attention she taps us on the arm with her forepaw.

Offline vandermolen

• Veteran member
« Reply #411 on: August 05, 2022, 10:19:51 PM »

'Punkin, our sweet tempered rescue cat from an elderly gentleman about to move in with his unsympathetic kids.  For some reason, instead of meowing when she wants attention she taps us on the arm with her forepaw.
Lovely photo! The arm tapping suggests that she knows that she is with kindred spirits.
Our cat bangs on the window when he prefers to go out that way rather than by utilising the cat-flap.  ::)

• Veteran member
« Reply #412 on: August 05, 2022, 11:24:17 PM »

Sweet-looking kitty!  I used to have a cat that would sometimes tap me on the arm--normally when I was opening up her can of wet food.  She would rise up on her back legs (standing next to me on the floor) with her front paws up--one on the edge of the counter and one reaching for the wet food and, from what I recall, sometimes tapping me on my arm or hand as if to say "Please, please, I want my wet food!"  Made it a bit awkward trying to get the food out of the can, but it was very sweet/cute to see.   She was a small gray British shorthair cat.

Lovely photo! The arm tapping suggests that she knows that she is with kindred spirits.
Our cat bangs on the window when he prefers to go out that way rather than by utilising the cat-flap.  ::)
Amazing how well they train us, isn't it?  I never would have thought it possible.   ;)

PD

• Veteran member
« Reply #413 on: August 07, 2022, 12:46:09 AM »
For those who are fans of Simon's Cat, he's recently posted a couple of new ones on youtube.  They are about Teddy, the feral cat and how he met Simon's cat, etc.  Currently, there's a Part One and a Part Two.

PD