The Cat Thread

Started by John Copeland, February 27, 2009, 06:30:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: Wendell_E on January 16, 2023, 01:04:32 AMI took Tenille my Russian Blue, to the vet on Jan. 4th because she'd been drinking and urinating a lot more than usual. The diagnosis was diabetes, so I've had to give her insulin injections twice daily since the 6th. If only I could grow a third hand, or just inject myself.  ;D

Very sorry to hear that.  I, too, had a diabetic cat and had to give her injections.  Do you have pet insurance?  Insulin, when I had to buy it at least, was horribly expensive.

PD

Pohjolas Daughter

Wendell_E

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on January 16, 2023, 02:04:59 AMVery sorry to hear that.  I, too, had a diabetic cat and had to give her injections.  Do you have pet insurance?  Insulin, when I had to buy it at least, was horribly expensive.

PD

No, no insurance. And it's $70.34 for a small bottle, but by my calculations that should be 200 doses/100 days, so it's not so bad.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ― Mark Twain

absolutelybaching

I found this rather more delightful than I expected! ;D

It is cruel, you know, that music should be so beautiful. (Benjamin Britten)

Pohjolas Daughter

I found this story to be very touching and sweet (and funny at times too):

PD

k a rl h e nn i ng

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on January 23, 2023, 11:02:59 AMI found this story to be very touching and sweet (and funny at times too):

PD
Wonderful and adorable. I needed that!
Karl Henning, Ph.D.
Composer & Clarinetist
Boston MA
http://www.karlhenning.com/
[Matisse] was interested neither in fending off opposition,
nor in competing for the favor of wayward friends.
His only competition was with himself. — Françoise Gilot

LKB

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on January 23, 2023, 11:02:59 AMI found this story to be very touching and sweet (and funny at times too):

PD

Every other cat in the world who sees this video will... facepaw.  ;D
Mit Flügeln, die ich mir errungen...

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: k a rl h e nn i ng on January 23, 2023, 12:08:51 PMWonderful and adorable. I needed that!
I loved how the cat likes to go into the birdcage.  ;D

Quote from: LKB on January 23, 2023, 01:51:59 PMEvery other cat in the world who sees this video will... facepaw.  ;D
lol  :)

Alright, I admit it....I couldn't help myself:

The vests cracked me up!  :)

PD