JBS

Also found on Twitter
By the Belgian painter Gustave de Johnge

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: absolutelybaching on November 04, 2022, 12:12:50 PM
Oh, yes please!

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/FX4x4fC3ZNA
That was bizarre!  Not so certain that the animals enjoyed that?

Quote from: JBS on November 04, 2022, 12:54:13 PM
Found on Twitter

Quote from: JBS on November 04, 2022, 07:03:16 PM
Also found on Twitter
By the Belgian painter Gustave de Johnge

That top one of yours JBS made me laugh...yes, cats will be cats.

And sweet painting!  Lovely.

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

vandermolen

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on November 01, 2022, 10:42:02 AM
Some well-known people and their cats...can you guess who is who (without using a search engine)?

PD

p.s.  I had tried to post others but the images didn't show up here.  :(

EDIT:  Will try again:

PD
I only knew Marlon Brando and Clark Gable.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

vandermolen

"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: absolutelybaching on November 05, 2022, 10:38:47 AM
Oh, that white lion is positively smiling throughout the chin rubs!

She does a lot of belly rubs for the critters too on her channel. I remain envious!!
It was the "blooping"(?) bit that I was referring to.  Yes, I do think that they liked the chin scratches.  :)
Pohjolas Daughter

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: absolutelybaching on November 05, 2022, 11:19:05 AM
Touch the nose and say "boop". Yeah, I don't particularly get that either, but my Harper quite warmed to it over time.
I don't know why a cat's nose holds a particular fascination for me, but it does!

Side note, apropos nothing: I have started feeding the local squirrel population (greys only, I'm afraid, but I don't care), and one of them recently got clobbered by a car, much to my distress when I came home from a walk to discover it, stiff, in the middle of the road. I'm afraid I picked it up, hoping it was injured not dead, and thus discovered squirrel noses are identical in feel to cat ones.
I'll admit that their noses and (paw pads) are very sweet.  :)

Sorry to hear about your squirrel friend.

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

drogulus

My current favorite internet cat is Tommy, partly because he doesn't meow quite right. It comes out like "nghheow", which is fine as far as it goes. He's always scuttling around like on a secret mission having something to do with chicken.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:123.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/123.0

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/115.0

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: drogulus on November 18, 2022, 09:45:05 AM
     My current favorite internet cat is Tommy, partly because he doesn't meow quite right. It comes out like "nghheow", which is fine as far as it goes. He's always scuttling around like on a secret mission having something to do with chicken.

https://www.youtube.com/v/zcrxQ-TDdhM

Cute! lol

Latest from Simon's Cat:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-FRWZTouT14

And this story of Bunny and Otter is quite touching:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c94CAIMSwk4

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

LKB

Quote from: drogulus on November 18, 2022, 09:45:05 AM

https://www.youtube.com/v/zcrxQ-TDdhM

Not unlike myself...

Mit Flügeln, die ich mir errungen...

drogulus

Look at this beautiful chunkosaurus:

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:123.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/123.0

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/115.0

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: drogulus on November 23, 2022, 10:05:29 AMLook at this beautiful chunkosaurus:

Yes, a beautifully-patterned cat.  And, yes, I'm not seeing a waist (sadly).  :(

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

Keemun

I'm glad I found this thread.  :)  We have four cats of various ages.  Here is a photo of Simon, our most adventerous cat, going for a ride in the car.

*Edit:  Apparently attached photos are shown twice.  Sorry for the multiple Simon photos.

IMG_2170-2.jpg
Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life. - Ludwig van Beethoven

vandermolen

Quote from: Keemun on November 25, 2022, 06:51:16 PMI'm glad I found this thread.  :)  We have four cats of various ages.  Here is a photo of Simon, our most adventerous cat, going for a ride in the car.

*Edit:  Apparently attached photos are shown twice.  Sorry for the multiple Simon photos.

IMG_2170-2.jpg
Simon is a very distinguished looking cat!

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: vandermolen on November 25, 2022, 11:31:43 PMSimon is a very distinguished looking cat!
A lovely looking cat!  Are these general drive arounds and then back to home?  Or how does he deal with errands/trips?  Concerned that he might run away when the doors are opened...just asking and trying to figure out how your and his life work.

Best,

PD

p.s.  And still trying to figure out how to do a like here. ::)

p.p.s And he has beautiful coloring!  :)
Pohjolas Daughter

LKB

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on November 26, 2022, 01:16:48 PMA lovely looking cat!  Are these general drive arounds and then back to home?  Or how does he deal with errands/trips?  Concerned that he might run away when the doors are opened...just asking and trying to figure out how your and his life work.

Best,

PD

To " like " a post, hit the " thumbs up " symbol near the bottom- left corner. It's a toggle, so you can hit it again to " unlike " something if desired. 
Mit Flügeln, die ich mir errungen...

Pohjolas Daughter

Thank you!  :) I had thought that the thumbs up was someone else already liking the post! lol  Back to morning coffee for me.  ;)

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

Keemun

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on November 26, 2022, 01:16:48 PMA lovely looking cat!  Are these general drive arounds and then back to home?  Or how does he deal with errands/trips?  Concerned that he might run away when the doors are opened...just asking and trying to figure out how your and his life work.

Best,

PD

Thank you for the compliments, everyone.  This was a short trip to pick up pizza.  I ran inside and left him in the car.  I don't take him on rides very often.  He leaves white fur all over the place, as my wife pointed out to me (that was in her car).
Music is the mediator between the spiritual and the sensual life. - Ludwig van Beethoven

Pohjolas Daughter

Can you figure out who this gentleman is?

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: absolutelybaching on December 04, 2022, 03:43:20 AMMark Twain, by the looks of things. Wasn't aware he was a kitten fanatic, though!

Yes, it's of Mark Twain (who apparently was a major cat fan; so much so that when he traveled he rented kittens--as he couldn't bring his own cats along with him)!  I've found a number of photos of him with his kittens or cats.  He also was a dog fan (Shush).  :)

I love this quote:  "If animals could speak, the dog would be a blundering outspoken fellow; but the cat would have the rare grace of never saying a word too much."

PD

p.s.  More here...I wonder who that gentleman is next to him (both covered with cats!)?:  https://pictures-of-cats.org/10-photographs-of-mark-twain-with-his-cats.html
Pohjolas Daughter