The Cat Thread

Started by mahler10th, February 27, 2009, 06:30:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vandermolen

This morning I was ordered to take our cat to the vet to get his nails clipped as he is systematically destroying the newly refurbished sofa (if we try to clip his nails at home pandemonium breaks loose but, as you can see, he is as good as gold with the veterinary nurses). He has now recovered from the trauma I am pleased to say:
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: vandermolen on May 23, 2023, 01:20:35 PMThis morning I was ordered to take our cat to the vet to get his nails clipped as he is systematically destroying the newly refurbished sofa (if we try to clip his nails at home pandemonium breaks loose but, as you can see, he is as good as gold with the veterinary nurses). He has now recovered from the trauma I am pleased to say:

Oh, boy!  That might get rather expensive.  If I'm recalling correctly, I had to trim my kitties' nails about once a month (re the indoors ones)?  A tip (If you want to try it again):  get them when they are sleepy...a few claws at a time.  Another tip:  get them used to it when they are young.  I also saw one video on the great YT:  one person was feeding a kitten tiny bits of tuna whilst another vet tech was trimming the kittens claws.   ;D  Just some suggestions/tricks.

Hope that you enjoy your new sofa!

PD

Pohjolas Daughter

vandermolen

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on May 24, 2023, 02:22:06 AMOh, boy!  That might get rather expensive.  If I'm recalling correctly, I had to trim my kitties' nails about once a month (re the indoors ones)?  A tip (If you want to try it again):  get them when they are sleepy...a few claws at a time.  Another tip:  get them used to it when they are young.  I also saw one video on the great YT:  one person was feeding a kitten tiny bits of tuna whilst another vet tech was trimming the kittens claws.   ;D  Just some suggestions/tricks.

Hope that you enjoy your new sofa!

PD

Thanks PD - that is helpful  :)
Actually it's the old sofa that has been re-covered.
We have some kind of special plan with the vets which means that the nail clipping is free.
"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: vandermolen on May 24, 2023, 05:12:58 AMThanks PD - that is helpful  :)
Actually it's the old sofa that has been re-covered.
We have some kind of special plan with the vets which means that the nail clipping is free.

Cool!  I used to have various plans with my vet's too.  Can be a good way to save some money.  Still a hassle though--and depending upon how much your cat likes going into the carrier/travel/noises and other animals at the vet's might try giving the home pedicure another go?

One other thing that I learned (the hard way), cat's love "nubby" sort of materials; just ask my chaise!

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

drogulus

Tommy has never seen another cat before.

He'll need a whole lot of chicken to recover.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:123.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/123.0

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/115.0

drogulus

Guppy is evil.

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:123.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/123.0

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:109.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/115.0

Pohjolas Daughter

How smart are cats?  Well,....  :)

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

drogulus

I squeak therefore I am

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: drogulus on June 20, 2023, 07:15:02 PMI squeak therefore I am

Cute!  :)

The cat's thinking:  I've got the humans trained so well!

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

drogulus

Cat goes to catbed

Pohjolas Daughter

This made me laugh and also start crying:

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

drogulus

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: drogulus on July 18, 2023, 09:54:49 AMOh yeah?

lol 😂 So, what was that about Timothy needing to go to the vet?

PD

p.s.  Timothy quote:  "So, I told you that you needed to get another cat!"
Pohjolas Daughter

Pohjolas Daughter

"Spicy kittens" and what kind and patient people will go through to help them.  :)

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: vandermolen on May 23, 2023, 01:20:35 PMThis morning I was ordered to take our cat to the vet to get his nails clipped as he is systematically destroying the newly refurbished sofa (if we try to clip his nails at home pandemonium breaks loose but, as you can see, he is as good as gold with the veterinary nurses). He has now recovered from the trauma I am pleased to say:

Trust that you've brought your kitty in for another claw trim or two since you posted this?  And how goes the couch?

Love this video:  sweet guy and sweet life!

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

vandermolen

Quote from: Pohjolas Daughter on July 19, 2023, 07:06:25 AMTrust that you've brought your kitty in for another claw trim or two since you posted this?  And how goes the couch?

Love this video:  sweet guy and sweet life!

PD

Nice video PD!

Pohjolas Daughter

Pohjolas Daughter

JBS

Posted in the Listening thread by @verslaflamme

How could it not belong here?

Hollywood Beach Broadwalk

Pohjolas Daughter

@vandermolen For you ... and your wife ;)

PD
Pohjolas Daughter

vandermolen