RussellG

Quote from: Henritus on March 12, 2009, 07:34:05 PM
A cat thread!
I have five of them.

Cute  8)  Do they all get along?

Henritus

Quote from: RussellG on March 12, 2009, 07:42:25 PM
Cute  8)  Do they all get along?

I think they accept each other as family members. Every once in while they do fight though.

John Copeland

Quote from: Henritus on March 13, 2009, 06:26:38 PM
Every once in while they do fight though.

Well, at least there's an entertainment value every once in a while.  My old Woots was a real scratcher, it wanted to fight me when I stroked it.  It's daft claws got stuck on my fleece top many a time.  It was a naughty Woots.

Wendell_E

Quote from: Henritus on March 13, 2009, 06:26:38 PM
I think they accept each other as family members. Every once in while they do fight though.

I'd say "they accept each other as family members, therefore every once in while they do fight."   ;D
"Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience." ― Mark Twain

vandermolen

Another active day! Charlie (age 14). My cousin's cat is 20. I guess we are lucky - our neighbour's sweet three year old orange coloured cat (who was always in our garden) was run over and killed a week or two ago.

"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

bhodges

Very amusing photo.  (And sorry to hear of your neighbor's cat...)

--Bruce

vandermolen

Quote from: bhodges on March 14, 2009, 11:24:05 AM
Very amusing photo.  (And sorry to hear of your neighbor's cat...)

--Bruce

Thanks Bruce. Actually I just noticed that I posted it upside down  ::)

Jeffrey

"Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm" (Churchill).

'The test of a work of art is, in the end, our affection for it, not our ability to explain why it is good' (Stanley Kubrick).

John Copeland

There's more drama in it being upside down Jeffrey.  Poor Charlie looks like he's on his way out of the duvet and fighting against being groundward bound.  I now MUST find pics of my silly Woots to post here, because I started the thread and haven't contributed anything!  :-[

RussellG

Quote from: vandermolen on March 14, 2009, 11:20:43 AM
our neighbour's sweet three year old orange coloured cat (who was always in our garden) was run over and killed a week or two ago.

That happened to us too often when I was growing up, and now that I have cats of my own, I have built them this run in the backyard.  The second photo shows you how they leave the house via a cat flap which leads into an exit box, then there's a tunnel under a garden path that leads them into the run proper.  The photos are from "Opening Day" three years ago.

vandermolen

Quote from: John on March 15, 2009, 03:04:23 AM
There's more drama in it being upside down Jeffrey.  Poor Charlie looks like he's on his way out of the duvet and fighting against being groundward bound.  I now MUST find pics of my silly Woots to post here, because I started the thread and haven't contributed anything!  :-[

Yes John. I think that Woots needs to make an appearance here - preferably standing on a Do-It-Yourself Taoist Journal  ;D

vandermolen

Quote from: RussellG on March 15, 2009, 04:22:09 AM
That happened to us too often when I was growing up, and now that I have cats of my own, I have built them this run in the backyard.  The second photo shows you how they leave the house via a cat flap which leads into an exit box, then there's a tunnel under a garden path that leads them into the run proper.  The photos are from "Opening Day" three years ago.

Goodness me - what an impressive feat of constructions! Your cats are lucky to have such a caring owner. Personally if I attempt to put up a kitchen-roll holder it immediately falls down  ::)

RussellG

Quote from: vandermolen on March 15, 2009, 05:35:37 AM
Goodness me - what an impressive feat of constructions! Your cats are lucky to have such a caring owner. Personally if I attempt to put up a kitchen-roll holder it immediately falls down  ::)

Errr, the only bit I built personally is the wooden "roof" of the tunnel.  That also happens to be the only bit that's required any maintenance in the last three years  :)

vandermolen

Quote from: RussellG on March 15, 2009, 05:38:05 AM
Errr, the only bit I built personally is the wooden "roof" of the tunnel.  That also happens to be the only bit that's required any maintenance in the last three years  :)

I am still impressed. My wife has purchased a solar-powered bird bath today. I'm sure that this will provide Charlie with hours of fun  ;D

Henritus

Quote from: RussellG on March 15, 2009, 04:22:09 AM

Your cats are lucky to have you as an um... friend . My cats are now staying indoor and this is all I can offer to them.

Henritus

Quote from: vandermolen on March 15, 2009, 02:56:03 AM
Thanks Bruce. Actually I just noticed that I posted it upside down  ::)

Jeffrey

Oh I thought your cat was trying conducting an orchestra.

Henritus

Quote from: Wendell_E on March 14, 2009, 03:56:02 AM
I'd say "they accept each other as family members, therefore every once in while they do fight."   ;D

Very true.
Here's one of the family photos

Henritus

and a fight scene. (a cat fight)

RussellG

Quote from: Henritus on March 16, 2009, 09:13:51 PM
and a fight scene. (a cat fight)

Awwwww...they're just playing  ;)

ChamberNut

Quote from: RussellG on March 16, 2009, 09:34:23 PM
Awwwww...they're just playing  ;)

Yah, tell that to the one getting pummelled in the face with kangaroo kicks!  ;D

John Copeland

I have a new Woots.  ;D  ;D
It is a wee kitten, and is seen here in a furious rage trying to maul the carpet.  This Woots is very fond of me, and I of it.