Main Menu

The Dog Thread

Started by Dr. Dread, February 28, 2009, 05:22:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Dr. Dread

Seems only fair.  ;D



We had German Shepherds when I was a kid.


ChamberNut


Dr. Dread

Oh. that's not one of mine.  ;D We never had a white one.

orbital


Basset Hounds all the way. I'm sure Bogey would agree  8)

Dr. Dread

If I were to own a dog for my current lifestyle, it would be an IG.


Bulldog

Quote from: Mn Dave on February 28, 2009, 08:12:07 AM
Oh. that's not one of mine.  ;D We never had a white one.

I've got a white sheppard, and he's a beauty with extra-long legs.  Although he looks intimidating, he doesn't have a cruel bone in his body.

ChamberNut

Quote from: Bulldog on February 28, 2009, 12:10:18 PM
I've got a white sheppard, and he's a beauty with extra-long legs.  Although he looks intimidating, he doesn't have a cruel bone in his body.

Don, you have a white sheppard, and two bulldogs?

ChamberNut

Favorite breeds?

Mine are:

1) Fawn pugs
2) Black pugs
3) Boston Terrier
4) French Bulldog
5) American Bulldog
6) Labrador Retriever (Chocolate)
7) Golden Retriever (Reddish/fawn)
8.) Irish Wolfhound
9) English Bulldog
10) Beagle

Bulldog

Quote from: KammerNuss on March 02, 2009, 09:21:17 AM
Don, you have a white sheppard, and two bulldogs?

Just the Sheppard.

ChamberNut

Quote from: Bulldog on March 02, 2009, 09:35:10 AM
Just the Sheppard.

But you used to have a bulldog(s), right?

Jay F

Quote from: Mn Dave on February 28, 2009, 11:52:09 AM
If I were to own a dog for my current lifestyle, it would be an IG.


I love Italian Greyhounds. I'm thinking of getting one, too.

ChamberNut

Quote from: nicht schleppend on March 02, 2009, 09:44:51 AM
I love Italian Greyhounds. I'm thinking of getting one, too.

Very nice!  And faster than a rocket.  :o

Bulldog

Quote from: KammerNuss on March 02, 2009, 09:36:47 AM
But you used to have a bulldog(s), right?

Yes, he's now in doggie heaven.  Funny thing is that it gets harder and harder to lose a pet as I get older.

Dr. Dread

Quote from: Bulldog on March 02, 2009, 10:14:48 AM
Funny thing is that it gets harder and harder to lose a pet as I get older.

So, stop buying them.  ;D

foxandpeng

No canine appreciation amongst GMGers?

Ours is a non-barking model whose worst traits are shedding fluff and wanting cuddles.
"A quiet secluded life in the country, with the possibility of being useful to people ... then work which one hopes may be of some use; then rest, nature, books, music, love for one's neighbour — such is my idea of happiness"

Tolstoy

Szykneij

These Satos are barking models, but don't shed like our previous Beagles. Cuddles required.
Men profess to be lovers of music, but for the most part they give no evidence in their opinions and lives that they have heard it.  ~ Henry David Thoreau

Don't pray when it rains if you don't pray when the sun shines. ~ Satchel Paige

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: foxandpeng on March 22, 2022, 02:32:40 PM
No canine appreciation amongst GMGers?

Ours is a non-barking model whose worst traits are shedding fluff and wanting cuddles.
Looks like a sweetie-pie!  :)

Quote from: Szykneij on March 23, 2022, 03:21:45 AM
These Satos are barking models, but don't shed like our previous Beagles. Cuddles required.
Cuddles are a good thing.

PD

LKB

I grew up with one cat and one dog, and learned the ways of both.

The dog was a beagle, and we picked him up after he had already acquired the name, " Michelangelo ". ( Since we weren't crazy, we called him, " Mike ".  :D )

He was a classic beagle in every way, and a good companion. Gone for decades now,  but never forgotten...
Mit Flügeln, die ich mir errungen...

Szykneij

Quote from: LKB on March 23, 2022, 07:38:56 AM
I grew up with one cat and one dog, and learned the ways of both.

The dog was a beagle, and we picked him up after he had already acquired the name, " Michelangelo ". ( Since we weren't crazy, we called him, " Mike ".  :D )

He was a classic beagle in every way, and a good companion. Gone for decades now,  but never forgotten...

Beagles are great dogs, but they're howlers and insist on following their noses. Our last one (Max) could climb over, under, or around any fence ever made. You find out how many kind people there are in the world when you have a dog that always gets loose. Max once got returned to us in a stretch limo eating a cheeseburger in the back seat. Max's predecessor, Bennie, could climb ladders. I found this out when I was on the roof of the local drive-in theater I worked at changing the marquee for the next films. Unfortunately, he couldn't climb down and carrying him back to the ground wasn't easy.
Men profess to be lovers of music, but for the most part they give no evidence in their opinions and lives that they have heard it.  ~ Henry David Thoreau

Don't pray when it rains if you don't pray when the sun shines. ~ Satchel Paige

Pohjolas Daughter

Quote from: Szykneij on March 23, 2022, 07:47:31 AM
Beagles are great dogs, but they're howlers and insist on following their noses. Our last one (Max) could climb over, under, or around any fence ever made. You find out how many kind people there are in the world when you have a dog that always gets loose. Max once got returned to us in a stretch limo eating a cheeseburger in the back seat. Max's predecessor, Bennie, could climb ladders. I found this out when I was on the roof of the local drive-in theater I worked at changing the marquee for the next films. Unfortunately, he couldn't climb down and carrying him back to the ground wasn't easy.
Oh, no!  A Houdini dog!  And a limo ride with food?!

This story tore at my heart....re dogs, cats, etc.  :'( Major kudos to all of the people trying to help them. ❤️  https://www.bbc.com/news/live/world-europe-60830013

PD